Thread: The fcp-k muzzle brake

Basic Member

The fcp-k muzzle brake

I have a fcp-k .308 coming soon and wonder how those of you that own one like the factory brake thats on it. I'm not a fan of rear pointing ports on brakes but before changing it out i wonder what you guys think of your factory brake.

I don't really need suggestions on brakes since i have some, but just need see how you feel about yours. Thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluealtered View Post
    I have a fcp-k .308 coming soon and wonder how those of you that own one like the factory brake thats on it. I'm not a fan of rear pointing ports on brakes but before changing it out i wonder what you guys think of your factory brake.

I don't really need suggestions on brakes since i have some, but just need see how you feel about yours. Thanks
    If you shoot from the prone position and there is loose dirt in the area get ready to have your teeth polished. Other than the blow back the brake works great to reduce recoil (I compare it to that of an unbraked .223). I removed mine since I use the rifle for f-class. If I wasn't shooting f class I would have left it on. Enjoy your new rifle, I think you will find it very fun to shoot even with the factory brake.

pitsnipe
    My .02
    Own one as well. And took it off for a while. Shoots fine. But put it back on one day and have left it on for almost a year. Havent noticed the dirt kick up that vmcdonald79 has had. Point of impact changes @ 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. Then take it off and back on zero. So I have a brake on zero and a brake off. I shoot "f" class with it on. Just ask to be put at the end of the line so that I can get a little more separation from the guy next to me. Rather have a suppressor on the end. But, money gets in the way.

Snipe

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Mine works great.
    I never noticed it kicking up a dust storm although common courtesy dictates warning others about standing in the blast zone.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

emtrescue6
    I have one, love it! Have had absolutely no problems with flying dirt...seems it's louder than some of the other breaks I have.

The Ghost
    I just purchased a savage FCP-K 308 and the muzzle break works and looks good. No problems with dirt either. The only problem I have with the gun is a short throat. So reloading long bullets will be interesting.

Basic Member
    Mine is short throated also. If it didn't shoot so good I would be doing something about it.

I too was in question of the brake,s ports direction. I was worried about it as well untill I fired it. You wont notice it. Shooting buddy shoots/sets up to my left or right as he doesnt complain.
    The only thing I wish it had was ports on the top side to aid in muzzle jump. My HS model 10 has a Benny Cooley (sp) that (imo) does a better job...but Im not gonna change out the one that came with the model K..........least not yet..............
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Thanks guys, I did get mine and your right it works good and theres no reason to change it. I have only had time to get started on the break in, (10rds so far) because of work, and weather and we're heading back down to around zero plus i'm out of town for a while. So it will be a bit before i finish getting it where i want it plus a new scope is coming for it as well.