Thread: Bottom metal for Boyd's stocks?

ark1gas

Bottom metal for Boyd's stocks?

I am going to restock and barrel my model 11 detachable mag bottom bolt release. When I call Savage ,what model should I order a new metal trigger guard and bottom metal to fit the Boyd's Thumbhole ? I was thinking of using one from the model 11 BTH. What do you guys say? By the way, not too happy with Savages detach mag and bottom lot release. Kinda made it a lot harder and more expensive to build on!!

Basic Member
    What happened to the set that came with the action? If the stock is not inlet for it, you will need to do some work with a Dremel, but it can be done easily enough. Regardless, that action requires the same bottom metal it came with.

Basic Member
    The site said the model 11 xp merry require a different bottom metal but it didn't say which

Basic Member
    Oh, yeah. Some of the XP's do not have detachable surround for the DBM. It is molded into the stock. Also, the DBM for the XP's is the AXIS style. The original trigger guard with bottom bolt release will work, but might need some inletting.

kuehlcr
    What did you order? I am going to be doing the same for my 223 but I can't seem to find the answer for the bottom medal question.

Basic Member
    The new hunter xp will have the plastic bottom metal integrated into the plastic stock

SteveCornell
    Call Jim at Northland, he will fix you up, I just ordered a Savage bottom metal from him for my Boyds Tacticool.
    http://northlandshooterssupply.com/
    I have a 10FP-SR LE that had a blind magazine, ordered the mag bottom from Jim as well and converted it to a detachable.