Thread: Yet another Scope question...so sue me!

COplains

Yet another Scope question...so sue me!

Has anyone tried or have any first hand experience with the Lucid L5 scope? The new "Cross-Over" looks promising although it still has the 1/8 MOA turret adjustment. I'm looking to put this on a 110GXP wood stocked 7mm RM. Mouting dimensions for the scope are 5.5" useable area for the rings...I have a EGW 20MOA rail coming so that should not be a problem to fit up with the long action. The rifle will serve dual purpose.....how far can I shoot accurately for fun and varmint/antelope hunting. I make a jerky from antelope meat that will have you drooling from a mile away. And coyote eradication is just plain fun although my .223 usually takes prime spot.

Just as a side note....while Savage is not known for exceptional wood stocks, this rifle (picked up used about 3 wks ago) not only looks great with a little clean up but the fit is really great. The rifle has the 24" sporter bbl that I will eventually swap out for a larger one so that I can mount a muzzle brake. The current muzzle dia is 0.550" and too small to thread on a brake. I'm hoping to find a barrel large enough for the brake, but not so large I can't sand the stock to fit and run out of wood. Synthetic stock will probably come someday but for now, I like the looks of the rifle as is. I'll post some pic's once I have a few more goodies in play. It's nothing special, just a sweet looking rig I hope to hit what I aim at around 800 yards or so. My old tired eyes think that's about the limit.

Thanks for any information you can offer. kb

should probably be moved to the optics section.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

COplains
    oops....good point. Chalk it up to brain damage.