Hey, all,

I tried searching the site multiple ways (through the site search as well as through Google) and although I'm seeing titles of threads on bedding (Bedding 101, etc.), I can't seem to find the actual threads.

To prevent rehashing a topic that's probably been discussed many times already, can anyone point me to any good threads here on this site on epoxy bedding the actions of Savage 110-style rifles?

I'm getting ready to bed my Savage 12 F Class, and would like to read up on it as much as possible before mixing mud. (I may bed an old Mauser 98 woods gun first, as a "dry run"...)

Are most folks removing their triggers before bedding? How much trouble/how risky is it to remove a target Accutrigger? My instinct is to avoid that at all costs and simply wax it good, cover it as well as possible with plastic and/or clay and/or tape and then bed the action with the trigger installed...am I being too gun-shy about that?

From what I've gathered from reading as much as I can, I get the feeling I should:
• Avoid bedding anything much aft of the rear action screw.
• Leave the tang free-floating.
• Don't bed anything forward of the front surface of the recoil lug.
• Relieve around the pillars, to make sure there's a bed of epoxy there, and to allow it to squeeze out.
• Fill any recesses in the action, barrel threads, barrel nut, etc., with clay, then tape, then wax (but use polished wax only where you need an intimate fit between action and epoxy-bedded stock).

Have I left out anything major, or made any mistakes with the above?

One thing I'm unclear on is how and how much to tighten the 3 action screws when I first put the epoxy in to harden...can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks in advance for any help.