Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Target Action

Doodaddy

I'd still be interested in such a rifle.

On a side note, my Select Match Shilen Ratchet barrel arrived for the Savage rifle I posted above. I'd rather it be on a superior action, but I will continue polishing a turd for the foreseeable future.

Only rim fire match i have are a Win. 52D and a Mossburg 144LS don't laugh this rifle a shooter as is the 52D

fartsinpublic
    I asked Savage if their custom shop would work on an FV or FVT before shipping it, just a few simple processes, which I would willingly have paid for, such as lapping the barrel, polishing the bolt, etc., and they said that they would not do anything at all.

Not it that they didn't care to consider anything that would turn out a more accurate/competitive Mark II, they simply refused. I guess they are more in to the tactical rifle Benchrest shooters.

fartsinpublic
    Last edited by fartsinpublic; 10-22-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    How many here would be willing to pay $1000-1200 for a serious adult sized competition grade, or "heirloom" grade 22 rimfire? I'm talking one that would be comparable to a Rem 40-x, or a Win 52. One that is built here in the good ole USA...with good components and durable materials, no plastic. One that you would be proud to own and pass down to your kids,grand kids and even great grand kids. One that was modular with a selection of options. One that has the same heft and feel of a good center fire rifle. One that was built to higher standards with "old school" craftsmanship. One that will appreciate in value.

I truly believe there is a market for the above. At this time, no major U.S. manufacturer is filling this market, thus it is not recognized.
    I want to change that.......feedback please.
    I would. Comp grade repeater no problem. My thought is either a Boyds pro varmint with a spacer system so I can shoot it and my kids can shoot it. I have been kicking the idea around of building my own custom action, but the time and tooling invested a grand is cheap. I think the Stiller action is $1200, a 40x will run at least that, anchuntz or other comp custom rim fires are even more. Hey Fred I need a lefty too!

I think with the ATK buy out, that may severely limit things, as many of the line got chopped out.

Basic Member
    I have another brainstorm that I will be working on this winter. It will involve interchangable barrels and a lot of factory parts. Hopefully this project will address some of the short comings of the MII.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    I have another brainstorm that I will be working on this winter. It will involve interchangable barrels and a lot of factory parts. Hopefully this project will address some of the short comings of the MII.
    I should be getting some computer time eventually!!

Basic Member
    Your teasing us Fred!!
    Someday I hope to live the lifestyle that my wife and children enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12