Thread: Time and True (T&T) Video or procedure?

jrmy_1

Time and True (T&T) Video or procedure?

All,

I'm interested in the procedure and a video explaining how to time and true and action, especially the timing part. The truing part is understandable, but I'm not exactly sure how the timing is adjusted and what affect it has on the action.

I would also like to know the basic procedure followed, e.g. square up the action face, square the lugs, etc. Anyone know of a gunsmith video that explains this or a procedure?

Thanks!
    J

82boy

Re: Time and True (T&T) Video or procedure?

No such video exist.
    The work is coined by Sharp Shooters Supply.
    there is an explination in the FAQs section.
    http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...ic,4899.0.html

Basic Member

82 boy said it. Most decent gunsmiths can true and action, but Fred really has taken the time over the past at least 20 years to understand and improve on the inner workings of the action. I have 2 T&T'd actions currently and my 3rd is at his shop now. I am very happy with them.

Basic Member

Thats great for all you guys in the USA but what about us Savage shooters who are scattered around the rest of the world ??? We just have to make it up as we go along.

hotbrass

Maybe you could send Fred Moreno a message and ask him what you can do or tell your gunsmith.

The message at: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...ic,4899.0.html is real good information if you know what he is talking about.

Let us know what you find out.

Good luck!

jrmy_1

That's a heck of a process really condensed down to a short abstract. I'm definitely not interested in doing it myself, just more interested in the process, where measurements are taken, etc. I searched for "Time and True" as well as "T&T" but that thread never showed up. Thanks for the link!

Basic Member

I've been asked this several times, but for me to explain it to the point you fully comprehend it, would be a 2 semester course. I have developed special tooling to accomplish the various tasks that most gunsmiths don't possess, or have the ability to make. I have devoted much of my time and money into research and engineering, that it would not be fair to me to give out proprietary information to the general public.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

jrmy_1

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter
    I've been asked this several times, but for me to explain it to the point you fully comprehend it, would be a 2 semester course. I have developed special tooling to accomplish the various tasks that most gunsmiths don't possess, or have the ability to make. I have devoted much of my time and money into research and engineering, that it would not be fair to me to give out proprietary information to the general public.
    Quite understandable. Thanks!

axaviere

sounds like a silly question, but do you even need to send the barrel or is everything done to the receiver? i have a shillen select and i am just having some bolt handle work done and im kinda at a pause with my receiver laying here waiting for stuff to come back...

All you need to send is trhe action, bolt assembly and trigger you will use.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~