Thread: 12 LRVP Questions

12 LRVP Questions

Hello everyone, new to the forum and have a few question about the 12 LRPV. I have had a Savage before, a 12 VLP DBM which for some reason i sold a few years ago.

98% sure that i will be getting a LRVP in .223 with 7" twist in the near future. But this will strictly be a bench gun so i want more of a bench stock for it (not a fan of composites). I was thinking of getting the 12 BR stock or the 12 F/TR or a after market stock for it. Oh, yes this will be my first single shot rifle.
    1. So here are my questions:
    2. Are the savage single shot stocks inleted for a magazine even though there is not one present? every stock i found after market seems to have the mag inleted in them or a drop mag, none that i could find had a single shot option.
    3. Would this rifle be considered a staggered feed or center feed?
    4. Who makes the stocks for Savage? looking to get dimensions of the stocks and maybe buy from them.
    5. Any recommendations for a after market stock for what i want to do? any that would not have the magazine inlet?
    6. Will the 12 BR or 12 F/TR stock be a drop in fit for the LRVP?

I called Savage and they said they could get a 12 LRVP with either of the 2 stocks i mentioned above for $2000, which is more than buying the rifle and then buying the different stock from savage at $400, Rifle 1100 + 400 = less than the 2K they wanted.

Thank you for your time reading this and helping me educate myself.

Dual port lrpv?

Answers to some of your questions regarding what action/bolt spacing can be found here: http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Action-Lengths
    Its neither stagger or center feed, but if it's not a dual port, the two outer action screws are the same distance apart as the center feed action, if that's what you're wondering. If forced, you could leave out the center action screw. If it's a dual port, it is it's own entity and the bolt spacing matches nothing else.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 01-12-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

If you have dual port
    Your action length is 3.44 inches

3rd Gen Short Actions = 4.400" (2005 and up, center-feed magazine, not in photo)
    Target LRPV (non-dual port) - 4.400

So you could use a 3rd gen short action without the center screw. Hope that helps
    newbie from gr, mi.

Buy the lrpv. Buy a $15 membership to this site. Sell the factory lrpv stock in the classifieds. Then buy the stock you want for it.

Also, not mentioned above, some of the new target action are coming out with a 3.44 bolt spacing(same as the dual port spacing), so if you happen to get one of those it will not fit in a centerfeed 4.400 stock.

Best bet might be to call Jim at Northland Shooters Supply and tell him what youre looking for. He is great to deal with and will do everything he can to get you what you want.

Thank everyone, for the responses. It is a left port LRVP rifle. After i posted on here i dug deeper into the internet and found Sharp Shooter Supply, they have a stock that is exactly what i want. and they even mention being able to inlet for the LRVP.
    Last edited by thomae; 01-13-2014 at 08:46 PM.