Hello everyone, new to the forum and have a few question about the 12 LRPV. I have had a Savage before, a 12 VLP DBM which for some reason i sold a few years ago.

98% sure that i will be getting a LRVP in .223 with 7" twist in the near future. But this will strictly be a bench gun so i want more of a bench stock for it (not a fan of composites). I was thinking of getting the 12 BR stock or the 12 F/TR or a after market stock for it. Oh, yes this will be my first single shot rifle.
  1. So here are my questions:
  2. Are the savage single shot stocks inleted for a magazine even though there is not one present? every stock i found after market seems to have the mag inleted in them or a drop mag, none that i could find had a single shot option.
  3. Would this rifle be considered a staggered feed or center feed?
  4. Who makes the stocks for Savage? looking to get dimensions of the stocks and maybe buy from them.
  5. Any recommendations for a after market stock for what i want to do? any that would not have the magazine inlet?
  6. Will the 12 BR or 12 F/TR stock be a drop in fit for the LRVP?

I called Savage and they said they could get a 12 LRVP with either of the 2 stocks i mentioned above for $2000, which is more than buying the rifle and then buying the different stock from savage at $400, Rifle 1100 + 400 = less than the 2K they wanted.

Thank you for your time reading this and helping me educate myself.