Thread: scope recommendations for around $100 dollars

dxjxrose

scope recommendations for around $100 dollars

i currently have a simmons whitetail classic im sending back to midway is there anything around the same price thats better?

Basic Member
    you will not get a better scope for the money than that classic... I own three
    Forgive My Sins.... Jesus .... Save My Soul

dxjxrose
    Oh ok I had send it back as it would not zero at all id get it set and next one was a flyer maybe just a fuke

pitsnipe
    And the next one after that was a flyer as well? Not to say a bad (defective) scope doesn't make it onto someone's store shelf every now and then but I would try to rule out the possibility. Or you could find yourself chasing the wrong problem. For example: If your cheek weld isn't the same, parallax could be the culprit.
    But like Daniel said, for $100.00, not much out there.

Snipe

dxjxrose
    Def the scope I had a barska swat on the same gun with no issues other than it wasnt very clear at all I hated it

You might think of spending a bit more and go for a Nikon ProStaff with BDC. Great scopes.

dxjxrose
    i dont have the extra cash or i would

dxjxrose
    what about the vortex crossfire II

Mueller scopes
    like the 4.5-14x40 APV
    I have a few glass is clear, have not shot with them yet, might do it next weekend.
    newbie from gr, mi.

soutthpaw
    Get into the sub $200 and there are a lot more choices. I just got a mueller , not had a chance to shoot it but seems plenty bright and clear.

sdeeter19541
    I have a couple Barska, the one on a Howa and one on my 116. I also have a third that will be going back, its a different model. That one is dark, while my other two are bright. Point being, you have to look through them before you buy as they vary between models. I think the two I like are Whitetails?

Basic Member
    I've done real well with economically priced Bushnell scopes, but that was years ago...dunno whether they're still as good as they once were...

I might give the white tail another shot, I have had good luck with mine and others have also, I guess they are just like everything else on the low end of things "hit or miss"

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

David_4
    Deleted double post

David_4
    I would look at the Bushnell Banners. I sold a ton of them at a gun shop I used to work at and it was a rarity to see one come back. More than half went on 12 ga slug guns which are pretty punishing on the scope and shooter. One of the least expensive places is The Digital Oasis, free shipping. My last order from them was yesterday where I ordered a Zeiss Terra 3X 4-12x42 for 366.38, no one else came close to that price.

Simmons was a complete different story, problems, problems and more problems if they were on any thing that had recoil.

dxjxrose
    Well I ended up just getting the replacement simmoms but plan on upgrading in the near future... but will still be a sub 200 dollar scope unless I can swing a super sniper scope

Idahokid
    I have a Pine Ridge Cabelas scope.Its $99.00 .3x9.

Basic Member
    In the long run 4 "cheap" $100 dollar scopes cost alot more than 1 good $200 scope. look at the swfa line

adam.robertson.142
    Bushnell

Basic Member
    Try looking into hawke optics. Very good for the money Eabco has the sport hd 3-9x40 for I believe 49.99. As anything there are haters thinking u can't get optics for under 100 bucks that do a good job. Now don't get me wrong it's not a 1500 dollar night force but for the price all the hawke glass I have on my own guns are very impressive