Thread: Homemade Striker stocks?

Basic Member

Homemade Striker stocks?

I'm looking for any suggestions for donor stocks that might readily lend themselves for conversion to rear grip Striker use??
    Thanks in advance.

Team Savage
    The problem with using a rifle stock is that the grip angle is not steep enough

drybean

Basic Member
    Drybean. I've given that aspect some consideration. Some of the tactical rifle stocks do have a more vertical grip angle. So far, I've been leaning toward the Choate Ultimate Varmint, but am looking for others prospects. It'll be for a Striker 260 with 20 inch barrel.

thomae
    Tacticool?

The Choate you mentioned is the easiest choice as a simple chop and minor sanding will get you there. I believe BlueAvenger has used those a couple times and I have thought about them.

Deviating slightly......... There are several places that make stocks as well, just not sure about budget and/or time frame. My last stock took about two weeks to get with delays. It is a aluminum chassis type from 7Fingers. Tony's Forend and grips makes wood stocks as well. Not sure exactly what you are looking for , just giving additional information to ponder.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member
    Jamie. Budget being a definite consideration, as well as the idea of homemade. Pretty is not.
    Art

In that case search the inter-webs and find a used Choate. It will definitely do want you are wanting.
    More shooting, less typing.

dwt
    PM sent Artpro

I was thinking about trying a Boyds SS Evolution

I have seen a member here do a rear grip striker stock out of the Choate Ultimate Varmint and Ultimate Sniper stocks.

You chop the butt off right at the back of the grip, then also shorten the forearm. They actually look really good that way.

Anything with a vertical grip may be able to be shaped enough to make it work.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Dang It Art!! Now you got me wanting to do one of these for my short barreled 308.....LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

JCalhoun
    Strikers have their own action screw spacing. You will have to get a stock made for a Striker.

Basic Member
    I just drilled new bolt holes in a SA Ultimate Sniper stock to fit Striker action. They clear the old holes by an adequate amount. Now to try it out for a few rounds before I cut off the butstock portion.

Be sure to post up some pics of it Art once you get the conversion finished.
    ~Clint Eastwood