Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

danjurista

I got my boyds stock today a classic in nutmeg, took a while to get the safety to work. May have to add a small washer ontop of the rear escutcheon to gain a little clearance so the safety work a little better. got it all together and it look great. Went to put the mag back in and it wood not latch, I going to contact boyds about it, it looks like you would have to open up the mag well to get it to latch? Has anyone else run into any problems with there mag after restocking the b-mag?

Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by danjurista View Post
    I got my boyds stock today a classic in nutmeg, took a while to get the safety to work. May have to add a small washer ontop of the rear escutcheon to gain a little clearance so the safety work a little better. got it all together and it look great. Went to put the mag back in and it wood not latch, I going to contact boyds about it, it looks like you would have to open up the mag well to get it to latch? Has anyone else run into any problems with there mag after restocking the b-mag?
    Exact same issue with my thumbhole tonight...backed off the back screw until safety worked. so I will have to either use a shorter screw or washers to be able to tighten the screw.
    My mag has to be pushed in real stout to get it to work but it never clicks like it should. Will have to see if anything can be done to fix this small issue.
    Other than these minor adjustments the stock looks good until you look at it from the left side of the receiver where there is a viewable gap that really bugs me. I need to look at this also to see if this can be fixed because if not I'm going to have to send it back.

Overall this gun is just one big pain !
    Last edited by thomae; 01-28-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Overall this gun is just one big pain in the ass!
    And it just got worse...after getting it all together and admiring how nice the whole gun was now that it was feeling like a real gun I look down the gun and see a zillion little cracks in the finish of the stock. not visible in any other direction but when you look at it from an angle from the rear.
    Last edited by thomae; 01-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzrah View Post

Did you have any problems with the fit from the aftermarket bolt handle?
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

wtkshooter
    Overall this gun is just one big pain ![/QUOTE]

You are right. Now wait for the bolt and trigger problems. It is just a matter of time.
    Last edited by thomae; 01-28-2014 at 08:00 AM.

sales@boydsgunstocks

And it just got worse...after getting it all together and admiring how nice the whole gun was now that it was feeling like a real gun I look down the gun and see a zillion little cracks in the finish of the stock. not visible in any other direction but when you look at it from an angle from the rear.
    Sending you a private message to get this stock returned to us and a replacement at no charge!

Basic Member
    What does Boyd's recommend for the action screw/safety fitment issues ?

Thanks for stepping up Boyds, Mine looks great but it is good to know you would have stepped up, if I would have had a problem.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

sales@boydsgunstocks
    We will take a look at the B-Mag programming and will contact customers if corrective action is needed. If you are currently experiencing ANY problems (fitting/safety/finish/etc) with your stock please send me a private message including your name, order number, contact info so we can get your stock back for evaluation and a replacement to you. Any questions just send a PM!

~ Jen

Basic Member
    Thanks for looking into issues, Jen.

Crockett
    My stock is going to be replaced by boyds' at no cost to me. I have to say that if I did not look at the stock in bright light and at the correct angle to make small finish cracks visible, you would not notice the problem right off. I installed my rifle and never noticed it till later on which understandable to me why it got thru and shipped out. The stocks are beautiful guys and this little glitch should be no reflection on them at all. Great company to deal with for sure!

danjurista
    Called boyds today and talked to jen about my magazine issue. She took my information and said a tech would give me a call today. Its now 5:30 and have not heard from anyone! I'll be calling again in the morning.

sales@boydsgunstocks
    I apologize that the tech did not get back to you today, I am sure there is good reason. We take customer service very seriously and I will personally follow up with this promptly in the morning!

~ Jen

Crockett
    I can say Jen means what she tells you...my new stock shipped today and I'm extremely happy with Boyds' customer service with an extremely fast and pleasant process. I will continue to support them and I can't wait to upgrade a handi rifle I have with a new thumbhole stock and forend.

owenp
    I got my thumbhole stock in today. I was very disappointed to put my gun together and find that it as crooked sitting in the new stock as the old one.
    I am starting to wonder if savage has mount jigs that are off a degree or two.
    Being in Canada I can forget about sending this gun gun home for a visit it will take months to get back.

Basic Member
    Still waiting on my stock that I ordered on 1/9.....geez. Now UPS is delayed delivery because of bad weather earlier in the week.

rsh4364
    Just got the email, my pepper thumbhole on the way. ordered 1-21-14,along with trig.guard and floor plate so I can get my thumbhole installed on my 17 hmr also..Tracking says it will be here Wed.and my Glades Armory bolt showed up today!
    Last edited by rsh4364; 02-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsh4364 View Post
    Just got the email, my pepper thumbhole on the way. ordered 1-21-14,along with trig.guard and floor plate so I can get my thumbhole installed on my 17 hmr also..

You should have bought the trigger guard & floor plate/bottom metal from DIP.

Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    you should have bought the trigger guard & floor plate/bottom metal from dip.
    x2 this ^^^^

rsh4364
    I tried to in the classifieds,no response,so figured one brand (Boyds) would be way to go. Their stock,their parts,no problem...

Basic Member
    I tried to in the classifieds,no response,so figured one brand (Boyds) would be way to go. Their stock,their parts,no problem...

They have an online website. For future reference you can go there, place your order, pay for it, and low and behold it shows up in the mail in under a week.

rsh4364
    So whats wrong with the Boyds trigger guard and floor plate ?

Crockett
    So whats wrong with the Boyds trigger guard and floor plate ?
    With the DIP products you get a much better quality material and product for a few bucks more. IMO.

Basic Member
    With the DIP products you get better quality material and product for about the same money. IMO.
    The Boyds gives you OE Savage which is OK. DIP gives you a slightly larger trigger guard opening, nice for shooting with gloves & it has an adjustable over travel screw. The bottom metal is approx .125" thick which is nice for spreading the load of the torque to the action screws. The Savage stuff works, DIP is just better. You aren't wrong, you didn't make a bad choice, there is just a better choice.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    They have an online website. For future reference you can go there, place your order, pay for it, and low and behold it shows up in the mail in under a week.
    would you please post the link to their website.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast