Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

Crockett

Awesome looking stock. Now I'm super pumped after seeing that thumbhole beauty....Monday can't get here fast enough!

rsh4364
    Looks awesome,how does it feel? It looks nice and slender.any picts of bottom,so we can see how mag looks? Thanks Scope eye!

rsh4364
    Zinzrah did you get yours today? Would like to see it also.

wtkshooter
    Do you have photos of the bottom and the bolt side?

I will post some more pics tomorrow, They only thing bugging me now is the trigger guard, which I will fix shortly.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

rsh4364
    Thanks Scope eye,If I were you I would put that gem(old stock) on E bay,probably cost 30$ to pay someone to take it and you should pay shipping!LOL..I think im gonna drill some big holes in mine and send back to Savage with a tag marked Garbage!

I forgot you asked about feel, all I can say is there is something about thumbholes, that fits like a custom just like someone took my specific measurements,

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

rsh4364
    I know what you mean,I have a boyds thumbhole on my 223 edge and love it.It just feels perfect,but a little bit thick on fore end,hoping the B-Mag is a little more slender with the small diam. barrel.

syvairgunner
    Quote Originally Posted by rsh4364 View Post
    I know what you mean,I have a boyds thumbhole on my 223 edge and love it.It just feels perfect,but a little bit thick on fore end,hoping the B-Mag is a little more slender with the small diam. barrel.
    When I called Boyds and asked about left hand stock they said they would be available in 2-3 months. I'm going to hold off for the left hand model, other than the tactical stock everything is for right handers. Your stock looks great, can't wait to see the Prairie Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by rsh4364 View Post
    It is a lot more slender.

Dean

BradyLWO
    Any body shoot with their new stock yet to see if it tightened up the groups?

More pics, it came in at just over 6 pounds, which is nice since the lightest rig I own up until then, was over 12 pounds.

Thanks Dean

rsh4364
    Looks great, thanks for picts.Hope mine ships soon.Whats your ring height?

The rings are Millett's High's, I have always loved the windage adjustment it keeps the turret right in the center, so I have equal adjustment right or left with this scope it happens to be 4 1/2 rotations either way.

Dean

Zinzrah
    Will post my pics later. Sky blue ft thumbhole, glades bolt knob, bipod, and mueller apv.

Is the Glades bolt knob a drill and tap deal, or is it one whole piece like a 10/110.

Dean

Zinzrah
    1 piece. Takes 10 min to install.

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzrah View Post
    Will post my pics later. Sky blue ft thumbhole, glades bolt knob, bipod, and mueller apv.
    Cant wait to see it,I just ordered the Glades bolt handle 2 hrs. ago!

Basic Member
    I have read about several folks having issues because they were not aware of this instruction. I copied this information from another site, hope it helps.

FROM BOYD"S WEDSITE>>>>>ATTENTION CUSTOMERS:To assemble, you will need to use the two escutcheons and action screws from the original.

If you use the escutcheons you won't have a problem with the safety. The escutcheons are the metal pieces in your original stock that kept the action screws from falling out of the stock when the action was removed

In the owners manual, on page 30 the escutcheons are the parts numbered 556 and referred to as stock pillars

Zinzrah

rsh4364
    That looks so good Zinzra! Did you have to dremmel or file bolt notch in stock for that glades bolt handle?

Zinzrah
    Yes you will have to modify the stock. It really wasn't too bad. I have to look at it again tomorrow. Safety doesn't engage. I did use the 2 action pillars too. Maybe I was just tired lol. The stock I ordered also has the 90 degree finish FYI.

How do you remove the pointy BAS.

Dean

Zinzrah
    I went over everything multiple times. I am using both action screws and both stock pillars. I checked and the stock pillars are inserted right. However the safety will not engage. Ideas anyone?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzrah View Post
    I went over everything multiple times. I am using both action screws and both stock pillars. I checked and the stock pillars are inserted right. However the safety will not engage. Ideas anyone?
    Curious, set the safe to OFF, work the bolt open & closed then set to SAFE, what happens?
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast