Thread: Savage Striker 510

Savage Striker 510

This past weekend I purchase a striker model 510 in 7MM-08. I have been trying to find the years that they were manufactured? This SN: G189xxx I checked the savage web site, it came back with not found.

I will be be looking information on trigger adjustments, stock opinions on center grip vesa rear grip.

Will I be able to find other barrels for it, or will I have to custom order what I would like to switch too.

Thank you. For all that read and send posts.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

tyler.woodard04
    Its the same as the rifle short actions. As for stocks I like rear grips but still have one in a center grip. What are you going to be doing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.woodard04 View Post
    Its the same as the rifle short actions. As for stocks I like rear grips but still have one in a center grip. What are you going to be doing with it?
    I will be using it primary for hunting, and varmint hunting, and punching paper.

I have always preferred the center grip for hunting and the rear grip for targets and prairie poodles. Rear grip is definitely the best trigger option. Any small shank barrel will screw on and most manufacturers will sell barrels less than 20" at a lower rate.
    More shooting, less typing.

Check out the specialty pistols forum. There is unlimited striker stuff and info on there. The stock trigger can be a beast but can be adjusted like any other Savage trigger to an extent. I like center grips on mine. Barrels, you can have anything your heart desires and your wallet can support. I have a 450 bushmaster, 243, 223, and 30 Bellm barrels for mine. Muzzle brakes, you may want, contact Ross schuler in mountain home, ID.

Basic Member
    35Whelen,
    I believe the Striker was made from 1998-2005. You can call customer support at Savage (800) 370-0708, give them your serial number and they can tell you exactly when the Striker was made.

Basic Member
    These are some of the calibers you can shoot using the bolt face you have now.

Short actions with a bolt face .Dia of .470 +/-
    225 Winchester, 22/250 Remingtion, 6mm Norma BR, 243 Win, 250 Savage, 260 Rem,
    6.5/284 Norma, 7/08 Rem, 284 win, 300 Savage, 308 Win, 338 Federal, 35 Rem, and
    the 358 Winchester.
    The standard contour barrels are direct fit in these calibers.

Rupe
    .270win and .30-06 work as well, but you have to load them as a single shot. Case ejects without a problem.
    I love shooting my Striker with the 18" .270 barrel.

Rupe

The Strikers were introduced in 1999 and they were discontinued in 2005.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Rupe
    I saw on one of the auction sites that there is a Striker in .17HMR I don't remember Savage making a Striker in .17 HMR is this a rebarrel Striker or did they make one and I've just never knew it?

Rupe

Pretty sure they made them. See them in 22 mag, 22 lr, and 17 hmr on gunbroker frequently.

Your striker was built between October 15, 2003 and October 20,2003. A couple more numbers in the serial would narrow it down to the hour.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Rupe
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    Pretty sure they made them. See them in 22 mag, 22 lr, and 17 hmr on gunbroker frequently.
    I'll be darn.

Oh and WAY TO GO SEAHAWKS!

rupe

Thanks