Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody inlet the Choate Tactical for the CDI bottom metal themselves?

Basic Member

I just had my local gunsmith from Tactical Armz(springfield mo) inlet my Choate Tactical from a factory DBM setup to the accumag setup. Cost me $40 and is perfect. Tomorrow I well get my action screws and well be set to throw some lead down my new build.
    If you really need to to it yourself you will just need to take the raised part of the aluminum at the back of the mag well and just make it the same thickness as the front.

Not Cdi but has anyone had a la choate tactical inletted for factory dbm ? My smith thinks he can do it. I've got a stock on order (it's backordered) when it gets here I guess I'll find out.

For those with bipod issues, you can use an allen key on harris bipod... Locks it down nice and tight, will not move!!!

Basic Member
    Woo Hoo! My CDI equipped Choate is on it's way home!

buxman66
    Pics! Remember the pics!

Basic Member
    Humm, seems NSA must be after my inletted and CDI'd Choate stock. According to tracking it has been on a truck from Jax FL to Columbia, SC for the last 2 days (About a 5 hour drive). Same thing seems to happen every time I order any firearms related item out of FL.

Basic Member
    **** that sucks man. I am awaiting pictures too! Might have to do this myself!

buxman66
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpig View Post
    Humm, seems NSA must be after my inletted and CDI'd Choate stock. According to tracking it has been on a truck from Jax FL to Columbia, SC for the last 2 days (About a 5 hour drive). Same thing seems to happen every time I order any firearms related item out of FL.
    NSA, TSA. ....good people to blame for it! Mebbe they're trying it out for Ya. Drives ya nuts though dont it?

Basic Member
    Got my CDI'd Choate in the mail today. Installed the barreled action with no issues other than trimming the front action screw .05 for the bolt close contact free. No shooting yet but fit and function of the magwell is perfect. Well worth it! Pics to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpig View Post
    I know the unusual weather were have in the south has slowed my shipments down. Might be the problem here.

Dennis

PS: I am watching this thread as I have a Choate stock and I am thinking about doing the same. I just can't decided what I am going to build, maybe a short barrel 308 hunting rifle! Maybe a 243 or a 6.5 Creedmoor rig.

It will be strickly a hunting rifle, mainly for pig hunting.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    I managed to get one over here that came with the cdi bottom metal, I have put a model 16 7wsm in it. I also got hold of a couple of 7 shot wsm mags to suit.

sholzer
    Got my Choate yesterday as well. it has the factory DBM right now, but I want to eventually put a CDI bottom metal and get some 10 round mags.

Can't wait for pics!

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Finally, Pic's
    Now, to ceracoat and paint or leave as is......

Last edited by Jetpig; 03-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Basic Member
    I have the 10 fcp sr with accustock and cdi bottom metal and accurate mags. Which choate tactical stock would i order to have intletted for my rifle?

Basic Member
    The one for the savage 10 with dbm

Basic Member
    Thanks future i looked at these before and didn't even think of having one inletted.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I know the unusual weather were have in the south has slowed my shipments down. Might be the problem here.

Dennis

PS: I am watching this thread as I have a Choate stock and I am thinking about doing the same. I just can't decided what I am going to build, maybe a short barrel 308 hunting rifle! Maybe a 243 or a 6.5 Creedmoor rig.

It will be strickly a hunting rifle, mainly for pig hunting.
    Shorty 308 16" with 10" twist. 220 grain bullets are like a giant hammer.

Basic Member
    It really is nothing to have it inlet just. It just takes the raised post in the mag well flat

Basic Member
    I really like to get a mcmillian or manners but are they really worth the $$$$? Choate is half the cost and that means more ammo,range finder,bino etc.......

Basic Member
    I can not speak for the McMillian or Manners as to how much better they may or may not be. I can say I am very impressed with Choate. It may be a bit heavy by a few oz but it is a very solid stock and feels great in the hand. I have 2 Choate AR stocks as well. They are equally impressive. Choate = great stuff!

buxman66
    Your weapon looks great jetpig! Good job.

Basic Member
    Jetpig your rifle looks great. I'd add some color like camo!!!!!!!!! I know choate r a lil heavier but i'm going to be prone or on a bench most of the time anyway. U always say get the best glass u can afford to buy for your rifle so why not stock. It's just hard to spend a $1000 on a stock when u hear good things about the choate and its half the cost.

Basic Member
    Guys, i stand corrected my savage 10 fcp-sr comes from the factory with accurate mag bottom metal for the accustock. Is this the same design as cdi or different?

Basic Member
    It's a little different. From what I understand the cdi is a little wider

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast