Thread: Manner's Stocks

Manner's Stocks

I picked up a Manner's T stock and CDI bottom metal that is scheduled to arrive next week. I have a Savage Model 11, 4.40" spacing, CF, blind magazine rifle that I plan to "drop" in it.

My previous experience with a similar Manner's T3 and a Remington 700 short action was pretty straightforward. Dropped in with no adjustments needed.

Pam at CDI told me the bottom metal fit without any need for inletting on their part, so that is a good sign.

So what am I in for? Can I expect it to drop in or will some tweaking be required? From some of the posts on this forum, as well as others, it seems people's experiences have varied significantly.

Manner's wanted me to send them the stock and barreled action to fit for me. Their experience was with customers not knowing what kind of rifle they had and having to rework stocks for customers who ended up having a SF vs CF or had the wrong action screw spacing.

Like to hear the experience from others that have used Manner's stocks with their Savage actions. I'll share mine once I get it in.
    Last edited by Marine24; 01-04-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Basic Member
    I got a Manner T5A from Stocky's a few weeks ago and it was pretty much drop in. Had to sand a little around where the barrel nut goes and a little at the end of barrel channel. These are very nice stocks.
    I got my stock within a week of ordering it.

I've previously owned a T2...worked great with CDI DBM.

I did have to do a teeny bit of dremeling for the rear spring area of the Accutrigger...but I had to do the same thing on a BC A2 Medalist.

Other than 15 seconds with a router bit, it dropped/bolted right in.

That1guy
    Are you going to bed it?

Finally got this rifle put together, along with another one in 260 Rem.

The Model 11 was pretty straightforward. CDI bottom metal fit perfectly in the Manners T stock and barreled action was a nearly a drop in. Recoil lug area needed to be built up prior to bedding, but nothing too crazy.

The 260 Rem build was a little different. Purchased the T-5 stock direct from Manners, who wanted me to send the barreled action to them in order to fit the stock. Figured I'd give this a try just to see if there was a difference. In the end, doubt I would send the action to Manners again. Provided you know what kind of action you have, I don't see the need to send it to Manners. The Model 12 barreled action dropped in perfectly and was bedded around the recoil lug, which you would expect since they fit the stock to the action.

If my experience with the Model 11 represents the normal expectation of installing a Manners stock on a Savage action, incurring the shipping cost and price from them to install the action doesn't seem necessary. Stock I purchased was ready for immediate shipment, but between Shot Show and other customer orders, it took Manners about six weeks to get the stock and action back to me after they received it.

Merits of sending the action in might be different if you are having Manners build you one to your specs.