Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weather

rsh4364

weather

Man the weather here in N Ohio really sux right now!

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I had my A/C on today. Around 1400hrs it was 81* and I took a nap after working in the south 40 all day....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    I had my A/C on today. Around 1400hrs it was 81* and I took a nap after working in the south 40 all day....
    I will give someone the choice of anyone of my rifles, if someone goes down to the Sunshine state and gives Frank a serious beat down.

Spanky
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

ROTFL!!!!! You're jealous!!!!

Basic Member
    Don't feel singled out Deano.
    I've been emailing my friend of 52 years all day long. Sending him Florida weather reports, pictures of my broccoli & lettuce growing, the green grass I have to cut in January...

I hear they're going to be in for a heckuva ride on Long Island, NY.

Snowing here in Phily Pa. temp is 25*

tk421991
    It's about 10 or 8 out and there's going to be a foot of snow, but I don't mind because I have good tires and 4wd.

But, I don't know if the gun store will be closed tomorrow!!!

I love winter weather for the first half of winter, but by early February I'm ready for spring and warmer temps. I really don't know if I could live somewhere that didn't offer a good proper dose of each season every year. Just wouldn't seem right to me.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

thomae
    Cold here. I have two outside thermometers that I can read inside remotely. However, on both of them, it is so cold the batteries are not giving the outside sensor enough power. My guess is that it's close to zero degrees F.

I went outside and blew and shoveled the snow. Only about 6 inches of powder, so it was not too bad. However, my hands got cold enough that I came in partway through and warmed them up with warm water. That does not happen often.

Murphy's law (AKA, my own inattention to detail) happened last night. It turns out I left the inside light on in my Suburban last night, so now, of course this morning, the battery is dead, dead, dead. I now have to charge the battery before I can start it and warm things up. Once it warms up, that GM hunk of iron under the hood can really heat up the interior, but it needs a little bit of juice to get it going on a day like today.

Subsequent edit: Ok, now one thermometer is working. it's 1.6 degrees F.

If that's the worst of my troubles, I guess I'm doing ok.
    Last edited by thomae; 01-03-2014 at 09:28 AM.

mazda3gun
    Here in Eastern KY, it got down to 8 degrees F last night! Mercury still reads around 11 at 8AM EST

Right now 7* with a wind chill of -18* and droping because the wind is increasing to over 25mph. That is in central Ct., oh yeah still snowing.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Was up at 430a today to plow my driveway. Looks like we got about 6 inches of fresh snow overnight.

Now im at work, have about 4 layers of clothes on, and am getting ready to climb a telephone pole! The temp is about 10* with 25-30mph winds.

Ahh, the things we do for a little overtime!

Basic Member
    Got to work today and it's 23* here in middle GA. Only thing that sucks about winters in GA is that when I get off, it's too dark to shoot. It seems to rain every weekend; I'm not about to take my nice rifles out in the rain.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    East coast central Florida reporting 49* and windy. A bit of light overcast.

For us guys that have lived here for 35+ years, we call this "colder than a mother in laws kiss"...

Kinda reminds me of a nice spring day back on Long Island.

Basic Member
    Us Michiganders woke up to -9 degrees this morning! No more snow, though.

Got a laugh at the expense of our poor Shih Tzu on Wed...
    There was a thick layer of ice between two layers of snow in the yard. The top layer was real light and fluffy. Look navigable enough. Unfortunately for the dog, though, she could not get a good foot-hold and so as she attempted to squat and do her thing, her hind legs kept sliding up and under her! No matter how she tried, she could not squat without planting her butt in the snow and against the ice. Poor thing kept looking up and over to me with this pathetic look of "Really, must I bear such indignity? Maybe I can get some help here? Ah, come on already! Dang! Ah, Crap!"

Wished I had video taped her!

Basic Member
    Man it's tough here too in the 50's sunny gonna be 70 tomorrow....

rsh4364
    -10 this am,then battery in my thermo transmitter went dead.I cant wait to get old enough to go South for winter,Also more snow coming Sunday,another 4-8 inches and -10 to -18 temps.Im almost happy Im laid off for a few weeks .

rsh4364
    Under a level 3 today so cant drive on roads,and my .308sr barrel is at postoffice.So I geared up and went for a walk and picked it up.When I got home watched noon news -10 degrees and -30 with windchill ! Barrel looks very nice.

ShawneeB
    Pretty nasty cold here too but not Northern Maine where I spent 1999-2010 I was out in the fields last night checking my mule, put hay in the barn for him, he was in the woods standing. He was out all iced over eating hay early AM in the field, never went in the barn. Good coat on him though. Had cats and coyote activity between midnite and morning when I checked traps. 3 coyotes went around my snares, one under.

UPS is bring my Boyds lam today though

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    Don't feel singled out Deano.
    I've been emailing my friend of 52 years all day long. Sending him Florida weather reports, pictures of my broccoli & lettuce growing, the green grass I have to cut in January...

I hear they're going to be in for a heckuva ride on Long Island, NY.
    Well frank, buddy ol pal, say good bye to those greens, welcome in 20F in few hours! [shibs doing the evil mj thriller laugh] ;-)
    newbie from gr, mi.

even if it is going to go down to 20*, A beat down is still on my to do list.

Spanky
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

mazda3gun
    Got down to -9*F here in KY last night. Still holding around 1* for now, we'll see 15* for the high. Mid-30's tomorrow! HEAT WAVE!

We hit -41* yesterday with the wind chill here in the Lima, OH area.

Woke up this morning to find frost on the inside door trim for the back door.

Got about 8-10 inches of snow total in our area but you can't really tell due to the wind and drifting.

Finally went in search of the windshield on my truck this morning - it had looked like this for the past two days.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

It was -3F, I was outside shoveling the stairs and then part of the drive way for the plow guy, took my hood off as it was fogging my glasses, wind was howling and wind chill was about -30F,
    after 20 mins put my hood back on as my ears felt little crunchy!

2 Words - Lake Effect
    newbie from gr, mi.

mazda3gun
    That's rough Baker!!! You can keep it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast