I was fortunate to order some CCI 30gr ammo last November a couple of days prior to Sandy Hook. In the intervening period, I have been unable to find any 22 mag ammo. Meanwhile I have a new to me Sav model 93, which I hoped would improve accuracy compared to my CZ 512 (also in 22 mag). The CZ is a semi auto and I figured that perhaps the less than stellar accuracy that I got from it was due to it being a blow back semi auto design without the benefit of a properly free floated barrel (it has a 2 piece shotgun style stock).

So far my escapade with the Savage 93 has been a very frustrating one because so far it is a pretty lousy shooting gun. I have bedded the action (although honestly it really needs a re-designed stock) and it is still about a 2MOA weapon. I think a re-crown might be next since the bore has a chamfer that looks like it might be the remnants of a 60 degree centre drill from the profiling operation of the blank. The crown does not terminate at the bore.

Since I only have the 30gr CCI ammo, I can't tell to what degree ammo is a contributing factor. I just backordered some CCI game point 40gr ammo and Winchester Super X 40gr hollow point ammo at Midway, but who knows when that will be in ? The CCI is shown as being overdue so maybe it won't be too long ????

This order follows several LGS visits today to see if there was anything in the store and the common answer was zip.

I have managed to score some good 22lr match ammo in face to face private deals, but even that tactic is not working for 22 mag.

Everyone else in a similar boat ?