bedded my 12BR over the weekend. the stock already had metal pillars so I relieved about 1/16th to 1/8th inch around the pillars and the entire bedding area. With the action sitting on the, now proud, pillars I taped the barrel at the tip of the stock so that there was no rocking of the barreled action. I stopped putting layers of tape as soon as all rocking was eliminated. I confirmed that the area under the tang was not contacting the stock. I used 1/4-28 bolts with the heads cut off to locate the action. After breaking the action from the cured epoxy (Devcon 10110) I was expecting to see two contact areas on each pillar where they were contacting the action. I did not. Those contact areas were there on the rear most pillar but the middle and front pillar looked to be recessed with respect to the epoxy, about .010 at the front one and a little less at the middle one. The reason for this, I determined, was that I didn't relieve the area under the barrel nut.

[IMG][/IMG]

I've since ground down that area so that when the action is screwed in there's no contact around the barrel nut. Do you think I should remove a layer of the cured epoxy and skim bed so as to achieve the proper contact with the pillars?