Thread: Rifle Basix Triggers - SAV1 & SAV2

Rifle Basix Triggers - SAV1 & SAV2

I like the fact the SAV2 is adjustable from 4oz's to 3lbs.

What are your thoughts on both triggers?

Are they easy to install and adjust?
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Senderofan

Re: Rifle Basix Triggers - SAV1 & SAV2

I installed a SAV-2 on my BVSS last summer. It is a great trigger....but I'm not sure about getting it down to the 4 oz mark. It's been my experience..as well as a friend of mine...that when you install the light trigger spring and dial it down...things get a little funky. By this I mean slam fires from just closing the bolt using more force than being very delicate. I also had problems with manipulating the safety and setting the rifle down moderatley brisk....the thing kept dropping the hammer as it were. This all happened on an unloaded gun...just testing for safety. The solution was to install the heavier rated spring and set it lighter. It really breaks crisply..no uptake or overtravel...but definately isn't a 4 oz trigger. Guess if you wanted a competition trigger you'd be well served looking into the SSS Competition trigger. From what guys have said here....it's a true BR type trigger but is completely safe....and we're all about safety!

Good Luck,

Wayne

I might try the SSS competition trigger!

Basic Member

I have the Competition Trigger by SSS. For the most part, most aftermarket triggers costing below $200 all feel about the same (to me). All break crisply, all are light, and all are better than factory. I've tried Rifle Basics and a few others on a friend's remingtons and brownings.

Personally, I like the Competition trigger. I had mine installed by Fred himself, just didn't feel confident about installing a trigger. The safety works as its supposed to, breaks crisply, and is one of the nicest triggers I've ever put my finger on.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

That's encouraging!

Basic Member

I have the SAV-1 in my rifle. I'm running it at just under 2 lbs. My only complaint is that the threaded holes for the adjustment screws were awfully loose.

I put blue lock-tite on the screws and got everything set pretty close. The next day all screws were good and tight and I fine-tuned my adjustments. No problems after that.

Stevens 200, .260/ Sin Arms Brux #7, 24"/ Stockade Woodchuck/ Rifle Basix SAV1/ Nikon Buckmaster 4x-14x-40mm