Thread: Mcrees LA Chassis

masterblaster

Mcrees LA Chassis

I am waiting for them to come out with along action version. Would like to get a unscientific number of people waiting for the LA chassis from them. I love my SA version.

Basic Member
    I've been waiting as well. I've been e-mailing them for a couple of years. For a while, they seemed to think the LA is "just a couple of months away". But lately he is saying they are swamped with current production orders and have not been able to finish CNC program for the long action. The wait is killing me!

I hope it is soon I have a few builds in mind for that stock. Hmmm calling Monday for a SA build using the G5 Folder.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

metalicat30
    I to have been waiting i emailed with them a month ago and was told a few weeks? I have emailed them 3 times in the last week with no response! Seems like there is a demand. I will continue to wait.

Basic Member
    My 300WM sure would look nice in an LA version.

Basic Member
    Have you considered XLR chassis? I liked the McRee, but they jerked me around last year about a Sako TRG chassis. They never even called or emailed me like they said they would.

XLR is awesome when it comes to CS. Everytime I called, Kyle would answer all questions/concerns right away.

BTW, XLR already offers Savage LA chassis. I like my XLR for my Sako TRG.

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Inlets2.html

metalicat30
    I have been trying to buy both a mcrees and an xlr but i am running into the same issue with xlr that i am having with mcrees!!! It is getting very frustrating....so much so that i am about to give up and go with a choate.

I already have an XLR for a SA and I must say it is a nice stock; but I really want the Mcree for a LA build 30-06/308/243...etc
    I could not get through to them today; I hope everything is alright.

metalicat30
    I want the mcree for the same thing. And i cant get a hold of them either!! Its a real bummer as it seems there is some real interest from savage long shooters. I did however finally get a deposit paid today to xlr so in a few months i should have that bad boy here.

masterblaster
    I shot my new 300 WM with a Choate tactical stock yesterday, I have 3 of these, I have one Mcrees on a 10 FP 5R and I like it a lot,. but I can get by with the Choate. Little pissed that these guys make chassis for some obscure high end Gucci actions but ignore the LA Savage of which there are many.

metalicat30
    I am with you brother. It must be nice to be so dang busy that you can ignore an untapped market. From the looks of it people have been asking for years for the product in LA. Oh well !!!! i guess we will be taking our dollars elsewhere.

stangfish
    You got some mice

Toooo bad , I received a call just moments ago and placed an order for a SA Folder........I will wait for them to finish writing the CNC program for the Long Action.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalicat30 View Post
    I want the mcree for the same thing. And i cant get a hold of them either!! Its a real bummer as it seems there is some real interest from savage long shooters. I did however finally get a deposit paid today to xlr so in a few months i should have that bad boy here.

masterblaster
    Nobody is saying getting a SA from them is an issue, on the contrary they are great people to deal with, we want a a LA chassis, a Mccress LA chassis, I like my SA so much I want a LA or 3 to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecarama View Post
    Toooo bad , I received a call just moments ago and placed an order for a SA Folder........I will wait for them to finish writing the CNC program for the Long Action.

Basic Member
    i would like one.

moacustomfirearms
    I have spoken to Scott McRee a couple of times, and same result. Still waiting. Supposedly they have a "list" of people to contact when available. I would really like to build a 110 300WM for super long range, but man, I'll go with XLR if I have to.