Thread: Axis Detachable Mag to Premium Centerfeed DMB

Axis Detachable Mag to Premium Centerfeed DMB

If one ordered the parts to replace the Axis style bottom 'metal' and detachable magazine to either the Premium Centerfeed DBM or hinged floorplate, would the new parts drop right in? Or, would some fitting need to be done to the stock?

I don't think it will work at all unless you have a stock inletted for it. The factory stock doesn't have bottom metal, but a plastic piece that includes the trigger guard.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Depends on the setup you currently have. If you currently have the separate plastic surround piece and the bolt release is in front of the trigger guard then yes - the metal replacement will drop right in.
    I've come to believe that everyone should have to pass a simple common sense and I.Q. test before they're allowed to own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Depends on the setup you currently have. If you currently have the separate plastic surround piece and the bolt release is in front of the trigger guard then yes - the metal replacement will drop right in.
    This is the case! Thanks! Another question - is the Premium system that much better than the Axis system? I don't really like the plastic magazine retention tab on the Axis style magazine, but I haven't found any cases of it breaking from normal use. Is one system preferable to the other, or might it boil down to personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I don't think it will work at all unless you have a stock inletted for it. The factory stock doesn't have bottom metal, but a plastic piece that includes the trigger guard.
    Never mind I thought you were speaking of an Axis rifle. When you are only referring to the style of magazine
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Paid Member
    The metal DBM is much better. No more forcing the magazine, the metal just snaps in.