Thread: installed my new accu-trigger had some issues

dxjxrose

installed my new accu-trigger had some issues

i followed the installs to a t and my the trigger spring is to short? anyone have this issue? so now im looking for a stock axis spring as they are alil longer or another accu-trigger spring that maybe i can stretch alil. i mangled the spring that came with it trying to figure something out so now i have my modded edge spring in there but it alil to light for my liking's. any one have any other ideas?

Basic Member
    Which install method did you use?

Just wondering, because I did mine with a set screw and a new spring. Only mod I had to do to the trigger was flattening the sides.

My trigger sits right about 2 lbs. 7 oz. for pull weight.

dxjxrose
    the one on the first page of the axis section

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...age-Axis-rifle

dxjxrose
    i will not do it like this again

thomae
    Sorry it did not work out for you. Had you cut your spring at all before modifying the trigger the way I did it?

You can still thread a setscrew into the hole and put another spring (from the hardware store) over the setscrew to replace the original axis/edge spring.

dxjxrose
    Its all good ill make it work im sure I have a few ideas floating around in my head as we speak

This is why I generally don't recommend folks cheap out by following "internet" instructions on how to modify their trigger and instead recommend they purchase a purpose-built aftermarket trigger. The multitude of parts that make up a trigger assembly each has it's own manufacturing tolerance, and as those tolerances add up what works on one gun might not work on another. With an aftermarket trigger you are not modifying any of your stock components so if for some reason it doesn't work on your particular rifle or you get a faulty one you can easily revert back to the stock trigger.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

rcs36
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    This is why I generally don't recommend folks cheap out by following "internet" instructions on how to modify their trigger and instead recommend they purchase a purpose-built aftermarket trigger. The multitude of parts that make up a trigger assembly each has it's own manufacturing tolerance, and as those tolerances add up what works on one gun might not work on another. With an aftermarket trigger you are not modifying any of your stock components so if for some reason it doesn't work on your particular rifle or you get a faulty one you can easily revert back to the stock trigger.
    I agree. I can only speak for the Rifle Basix trigger though, as that is what I have on mine. It is very adjustable, even to the point of being dangerous. So be very careful! I'm sure most of you probably already know that though.
    Last edited by rcs36; 12-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Sorry it did not work out for you. Had you cut your spring at all before modifying the trigger the way I did it?

You can still thread a setscrew into the hole and put another spring (from the hardware store) over the setscrew to replace the original axis/edge spring.
    I do that with mine, but I make the screw long enough to make an over travel adjustment out of it.

dxjxrose
    yeah ive tried like 4 dif springs for ace hardware cant seem to find a happy medium yet

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dxjxrose View Post
    yeah ive tried like 4 dif springs for ace hardware cant seem to find a happy medium yet
    Try Menards. Handi-pack Part # 88244. 1/4 x 2.