Few questions and grateful for all input, opinions.

I'm an FFL, guns come, guns go. No deer rifle right now and a year till season again so I have time to buy, build, and sold off several guns and can get any Savage I want but not into recoil (getting old, over that and shoulder surgerys), not into target comp, 1000yards, $700 stocks etc although they are all gorgeous. Just not what I "need" or will get use from. Rather put the extra $$ into glass on a solid rifle.

It's a deer gun I need, 1-2 deer a season, a few targets (usually reactive like steel, water filled objects) I have a 223 for vermin, coyote, but not saying I wouldn't take the deer gun out for a walk and or call during the year. Like to go 6.5 Creed, .260. 243 Yeah, love the 11LW, The 10 Predator, the old classic but I just don't really need them.

I thought of building what I want and a 110/200 would work since I can't find a reasonable Savage 110 action and yes I watch classifieds. I passed up a Stevens 110E series K. He wanted roughly $300 and the stock was cut about for a 6 year old. I told him I'd make a reasonable offer, he's not interested. Was I wrong not getting it for $300? It would need a stock of course.

There are a few Stevens 200 out there around the same price, some new some almost. I'd probably want to restock that too so still looking at $400 into it.

If I did an Axis I'd restock it too and know about the trigger mods, but I like the 110 actions, the long and short. I realize the 11 and 16xps have accutrigger, does the 200 and 110E have the old 3 screw Savage triggers? 3 screw better than a Axis trigger? Another thing I like on the Stevens 110 and 200 is blind mags vs the plastic DBMs.

Yup, I can have a 11/111THXP package at my door just under $450. Sell the package scope and rings, one fellow just did for $125, then add good glass and good rings/mount Got accutrigger and still would want to replace the stock, can I? Boyds has that XP disclaimer about bottom metal and that stuff is $$. Competent at gunsmithing and building (was a 07mfg) can I make the Boyds work on a 11/111? And no, not adverse to an Axis either but 110/11/111 may suit me better.

I been tossing these questions and calibers around alot, please make up my mind for me