Thread: walmart today 110 or 10...ext clip mod?

part Cherokee

walmart today 110 or 10...ext clip mod?

I went to walmart today and was looking around and wound up in the gun section...big suprise. lol
    Anywho they have 2 savage rifles in stock, one is a model 110 30-06 with a simmons scope the other is a model 10 in a .308 (i think a 20" barrel??) bushnell scope. I was wondering which one is better for a build up? I want a savage i can put an exterior clip in. Will either of these allow that with modification? Which is the better rifle or are they pretty much the same?
    Thanks Matt

docsleepy

Re: walmart today 110 or 10...ext clip mod?

I dunno about the external clip; others will tell you more about that.

The 110 is the long action, the 10 is the short action, which will not take quite as long cartridges (but plenty long enough for my purposes; I can't stand recoil.) If you want a reasonably light trigger, you want it to have the accutrigger, or alternatively you want to buy the (cheaper) one that doesn't have it, and switch out the trigger for the SSS "competition" trigger (under $100). on this site.

It has been pointed out by more experienced people than me, that the accuracy of the two actions are similar. If you're talking hunting, those scopes would probably be adequate; if you're planning benchrest, then you will need 32x or higher.

that's just a start.

camoman83

Re: walmart today 110 or 10...ext clip mod?

depends realy on what you plan to do with it 30.06 has a large range of loads you can shoot out of it and you can get the stuff any where. Also the 110 would be nice to have for hand loads later if you have to set your buller out further
    Matt