Thread: My Two FV-SR's came in, and a Question ?

wlleven

My Two FV-SR's came in, and a Question ?

Have two of these guns as my company is doing some product testing.

I only opened one of them, they are one serial # apart .... And .... I find the bolt is quite tight, I'm sure it is fine, but have you others found your new FV-SR is tight on the down stroke !

i will probably shoot it the day after Christmas to do testing.

My Boyd's stocks did not arrive today although they were suppose to, put on the wrong truck I was told :-( Will get them tomorrow UPS guy told me. I'll be putting the Apachee trigger group in tomorrow :-)

When I get through this will be a couple of nice shooters for sure. The scopes are now old Bushnell 4x12 Trophy with AO. I may change scopes to something different with high external knobs, and mil rad adjustments.

wll

wlleven
    We'll I set one FV-SR up and one more to go :-)

The Boyd's rimfire hunter stocks were a nice chocolate color, exactly why I wanted, not the yellowish that shows when you click on Nutmeg .... I'm very happy. Ordered the trigger kit too, and it fits well.

Installed the Apachee trigger and It is awesome, my next Apachee install will go a little faster I'm sure :-)

The gun has a Bushnell 4x12 Trophy with AO, and it looks nice, it also has a Butler Creek sling ..... I will take pics tomorrow.

The only thing to add is the compensator, which I will do some time next week.

wll

Who did you end up getting it from? I am looking to order one soon.

wlleven
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydee38 View Post
    Who did you end up getting it from? I am looking to order one soon.
    Got them from my local dealer. He got them from Ellett Brothers I believe.

wll

wlleven
    Well, I installed the Apachee triggers in both guns, although I have not shot them yet (will do that tomorrow) I did a half cock thing just to get a feel ...... in a word amazing !

Be sure not to set the new spring to low or the sear may not engage like mine did. Both guns are in the 1-1.5 lb range and now are some of the best triggers I have felt.

Anyone who want a target/precision trigger that is lighter than the already fine Savage Accu Trigger ....this is the way to go.

wll

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.