I have reloaded for almost 30 years and have some dies that are from the late 80s so I have made my share of ammo over the years. But after getting into the 308 and 223 I (Savage 10 FLCPK rifles) I decided to get some Fed ammo to benchmark from. In 308 I tried the 165g tactical tru ammo as well as the Gold medal match in 168g and 177grain. In 223 I tried the 69 and 77 grain as well. I have shot the 223 in bolt as well as high precision ARs and the 308 in 2 different bolt guns and now an AR10. No matter what I put it in the stuff shoots GREAT. In the stock Savage 308 I was getting consistent .45-.65" 100 yard groups and after rebarreling it with a new Brux from Sinman it now shoots that same ammo at .25-.35" range at 100 yards.

The 223 stuff is the same basically. How do they get one load that works so well in every rifle? I have always heard and read here that every rifle likes something different, load till you find it, shoot OCW/ ladders etc etc. I have tried for a year now with some of these rifles to get something that easily beats the Federal Gold medal but it is tough. Another cool thing is that the POI is the same with the 168g match and 165 grain tru tactical ammo also.

Anyone else have similar results?