i need something to bridge the gap between .243 and .270. this this guns intended use will be for long range coyotes to deer. right now i'm not sure to go 25cal or 6.5. i like that sierra has a better selection of hunting bullets avaliable for 25 cal.(75hp, 90 & 120 bthp), but i'm also a fan of nosler bt's they have 100 both and 115/120 avaliable. i want something fast and a bullet that won't fizzle out as fast. in 25 cal. im considering 250-3000ai and 257ai. i have a thing against long actions and long cartridges. i guess i'm jstvery chinchy and always looking to get more for less. i'm guessing that the 25cal has a definate advantage over the 6.5 based on the bullet weights i'm wanting to shoot, but i am not counting it out of the race. if i got something in .264 i would definatly be tempeted to try something in the 140 gr. range, so that would be a plus.

which of the two in your opinion would be the better choice and what would be the best cartridge to shoot them out of?

or should i jst quit thinking on how to spend more money and jst load up some lighter loads for my 270?