Thread: Accustocks

egabriele

Accustocks

New to the forums, did a bunch of searching but I am unable to find where I can purchase a Savage Accustock. Just the stock itself. I have recently bought a Savage 11 in .308 and would like to upgrade the stock. I have found lots of threads referring to aftermarket stocks and Savage Models that already have the Accustock, but nothing on where to buy the stock itself. Thanks!

Erich

JMGlasgow
    You may try calling Savage directly.

Basic Member
    You could become a paid member and check the classified section.

Werewolf
    Switching to an accustock would require changing the recoil lug I think. Many people have had trouble with the accustock and either take the wedge out of it or switch stocks. It might end up not being much of an upgrade. You may be better off just getting a boyds stock that your action will drop right in to or looking at a better synthetic stock.

Team Savage
    You can find a RH SA Accustock at Numrich Gun Parts. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1409070.htm These appear to be surplus Savage Accustocks left over from when Savage dropped the Accu-wedge design. You can also go directly to Savage Arms Parts.
    Last edited by jpdown; 12-12-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Basic Member
    The best way would be to buy someone's take-off AccuStock when they upgrade to something else. You could always buy directly from Savage (or a company that sells OEM parts), but before I'd spend that much money on an AccuStock, I'd buy a good aftermarket stock instead. In other words, the AccuStock is an upgrade over the old Tupperware style stocks, but it's still not comparable to a high quality aftermarket unit.
    [b]A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire (1694-1778)[/b]

I just acquired a relatively new .270 stainless LA DBM sporter with AccuStock and love it. In addition to pillars on the action bolts, it has an aluminum skeleton in the forearm and, after inspecting it, including trying to flex it by hand, I can't imagine a better, stiffer, lighter sporter stock for the money! It's great! All you guys buying aftermarket stocks to "fix" your rifles so they shoot better, please send me your AccuStocks! I will be glad to take that useless junky Savage factory stuff off your hands.

stangfish
    If you are still looking I can help you with a retailer of Accustocks. Pm me. I no longer provide that information publicly as they will sell out in 30 minutes if posted on a publicly accessed forum.