Thread: Accutrigger springs

damadama

Accutrigger springs

Am I right in believing that there are two strengths of trigger spring for the Accutrigger? I believe one is standard on hunting rifles and a lighter one comes with the varmint rifles. If this is so, are they interchangeable and where can they be obtained?

What I'm trying to do is reduce the trigger pull weight on my rifle and still retain the Accutrigger which I like.

Basic Member
    Gun shack.

Basic Member
    There is the standard 3-6lbs and the target 1.5-4lbs. Gunshack carries the target springs for $5 each. All my Savages get them. Huge difference.

damadama
    Thanks guys but Gun shack's web site does not Have a ship to Canada option. Sigh!!! the story of my life!

Check with Jim at Northland Shooters Supply. He is site sponsor maybe he will ship to ya!
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

Petermari
    Damadama. The varmint/LE models have one that will go down to 1.5. The Target trigger (red) is advertised at 6 oz but I think it's more stable at around 10 oz. however this trigger has different geometry with sear. So, i think there are three trigger springs. I'll call them regular, varmine/LE, and target. You can't get the target pull of 6 oz without the entire target trigger. The GunShack spring is listed as the target trigger so I don't know exactly which spring it is. I ordered the Gunshack spring for my Savage fcp k before I knew the differences. My fcp k trigger went down to 1.5 # with just a slight counter clockwise turn of the adjustment screw. You're welcome to have the one I ordered from Gunshack, but I don't know what your trigger pull will be after you install it. Send me your address and I'll send it to you. No charge of course. Peter
    Last edited by Petermari; 12-11-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Basic Member
    I was thinking of ordering the gunshack spring also. Would be very interested to know if it will bring my 11VT down to under 2lbs.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

damadama
    Quote Originally Posted by Petermari View Post
    Damadama. The varmint/LE models have one that will go down to 1.5. The Target trigger (red) is advertised at 6 oz but I think it's more stable at around 10 oz. however this trigger has different geometry with sear. So, i think there are three trigger springs. I'll call them regular, varmine/LE, and target. You can't get the target pull of 6 oz without the entire target trigger. The GunShack spring is listed as the target trigger so I don't know exactly which spring it is. I ordered the Gunshack spring for my Savage fcp k before I knew the differences. My fcp k trigger went down to 1.5 # with just a slight clockwise turn of the adjustment screw. You're welcome to have the one I ordered from Gunshack, but I don't know what your trigger pull will be after you install it. Send me your address and I'll send it to you. No charge of course. Peter
    You just gotta love the generosity of Savage shooters!!

PM inbound

Ivan