Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kentucky Buck

Yes it's that time again! Don't forget to pick up that nine pt from the taxidermist too. Should look awesome on your wall!
    My brother was able to make a nine-day Kentucky hunt a couple of years ago. Said he saw more deer in nine days than we see in nine seasons down here.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut View Post
    Yes it's that time again! Don't forget to pick up that nine pt from the taxidermist too. Should look awesome on your wall!
    My brother was able to make a nine-day Kentucky hunt a couple of years ago. Said he saw more deer in nine days than we see in nine seasons down here.
    LOL! I don't think I could forget all three of us have stuff there. I would believe him especially if he managed to get up just as the rut was peaking. It was nuts last year as a Floridian we just don't see more then 8 to 10 deer (and that is very rare). Last year I saw groups I couldn't count driving around and 10 deer coming into feed was the normal at the stand. The bucks are just luck of the draw truly because they just loose there minds. We got cameras up there at all the farms we have access to and never once did that 9pt show up and the big wide 12 that had been all over the cameras was no where to be seen.
    Last edited by tufrthnails; 10-15-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome! I know what you mean. In a typical season here in S. Louisiana, I might see three or four deer on stand, and usually none that I really care to shoot. There are some really nice ones here, they just learn to be almost totally nocturnal. I got this guy hanging around, but so far only at night. Good luck with your trip and send us pics.

Man I would love to see him. That belly is huge. How old do you think he is? My uneducated guess would be about 4 years old.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

You and me both, brother. They rarely get over 200lbs in my neck of the woods, and I'm guessing he's all of that. Probably 4-5 years old, and will probably die of old age in an area where there's a stand every 400 yds. Smart critters. Lol. But maybe I'll get lucky. That's what keeps me in the woods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12