Thread: 110 New Barrel

wdfj40

110 New Barrel

This has probably been asked before, but I'm not having much luck with this sites search. I've been shooting for some time, but have not done much in the gun smithing area. I want a 30-06 heavy/varmint barrel rifle. I found barrels for the 308, and I was wondering if you could put a 308 barrel on a 30-06 action? If so, can someone post their experience with different barrels.

Basic Member
    Sure can. All it is is a barrel swap

wdfj40
    Thanks!

Basic Member
    Since you mentioned you're new to this, be sure to read up on the whole process. There are a lot of posts on barrel swapping listing the tools and methods needed. An action wrench and go no-go gauges are a minimum.

Signing up as a paid member ($12) gains access to the classifieds. Often the stuff can be found in there well below retail.

Basic Member
    $15 paid member.

Cycler
    Quote Originally Posted by wdfj40 View Post
    I want a 30-06 heavy/varmint barrel rifle. I found barrels for the 308, and I was wondering if you could put a 308 barrel on a 30-06 action? If so, can someone post their experience with different barrels.
    You can put a .308 barrel on a long action but if you really want a 30-06 Varmint weight barrel, Sharp Shooter Supply (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/) can supply either Brux or Douglas barrels in heavy target or Varmint configuration chambered for nearly any round you specify.

Basic Member
    You can also find them @ http://northlandshooterssupply.com Jim has them in stock most of the time both 308 and 30-06 in varmint contours.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

wdfj40
    Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for!