There used to be a post here that spoke about what real world results were obtainable based upon the rilfle and method of shooting it. I think it was in response to someone saying their Savage in factory as shipped condition was capable of shooting in the .2's consistently with favorite handloads

Several knowledgable and trustworthy members came back and declared BS, then gave a summary of what is indeed probable with a factory barrel vs. aftermarket barrel, factory trigger vs. aftermarket competition trigger, factory stock vs. aftermarket BR style stock, etc.

If I recall correctly the idea was that without the benefit of these best in class accessories that the best consistent probable group size was going to be in the .4-.7 range

Any body remember this post?

Where am I going with this? I work up loads just like all of you but from time to time I just want to say its as good as its going to get, just load up a couple hundred of them and be done with it, because the rifle in its current state is not going to get any better.

I know, I know, we all try for perfection, but when is it not probable without changing some part of the rifle?