I have been shooting rifles for over 30 years. In that time I have only owned one Savage. A model 99 250-3000. This was my first deer rifle when I was 12. Recently I have been thinking about building a long range hunting rifle. While doing my research I have seen that there a lot of people going with Savage actions for this purpose. Today I was looking around in a local pawn shop and found a Savage model 111 FCNS in .300 win mag for $300. Well after a little haggling I walked out of there with it for $250. I felt that this was a great deal. This is an older model without the accu trigger. Once I got home I realized I really don't know any about Savage rifles. So I could use some help. I have been looking at new triggers, stocks, and barrels. I have a couple of questions. First, when looking at stocks it asks if it center feed or non center feed. My rifle is a blind mag that feeds from the center but staggers each round once loaded. I assume this is the non center feed? Am I right on this? Also I have seen that there are a couple companies that have prefit barrels for these rifles. pac-nor, Shilen, and McGowen. Which one is the better bet. And then triggers. I have used Timney triggers with OK sucess over the last few years on Winchesters. Like I said just OK. I also see that Rifle Basix makes a drop in trigger for this rifle. And a little cheaper. What are you using for your Savages? Any help with this build would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.