Thread: Murdered Fvsr

Deepfriedmcrib

Murdered Fvsr

My Hand guns / shotguns and big big rifles are too spendy to fill my shooting needs. Even though .22lr can be tough to find at most stores nowadays I decided to add another .22lr to the collection. After many weeks of debate and researching I decided against building the 10-22 or one of my model 60 marlins and decided to pick up a savage bolt. Made my mind up on the fvsr for its killer looks and great reviews.
    Pretty much a great gun out of the box , picked up a few accessories for it and possibly upgrades in the future. For now it sports a BSA sweet .22 scope / utg low scope rings / butler creek flip up lens covers / 2 10 round mags /Caldwell pivoting 6-9" bipod.
    So far I've only got to take it out once and I'm sold on it. Once scope was dialed this thing was grouping better than any other rimfire I've ever shot by far !! Only got 120rds through it so far. Can wait to try other ammo and get this gun properly broke in. O and the accu trigger is so nice.
    Future plans for the gun may be the typical stock upgrade with bottom plate / trigger guard ( od green or desert camo for some color )and a suppressor .

Last edited by Deepfriedmcrib; 12-04-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Basic Member
    Nice rifle. The next thing I'd invest in would be an Apachee trigger kit. I have one in my BTVLSS, it's great.

Deepfriedmcrib
    ^ I'll look into that said apache trigger. Man I really like the stock accu trigger , the apache must be amazing to swap it out.

Basic Member
    It doesn't replace the trigger, it enhances it. Go to Savage forums on rimfire central, there is plenty of information there,

GOOD ON 'YA Deepfried! I love the looks of your rifle, the shorter barrel..man! that piece looks "BA"! What twist is your barrel?

I have a Savage MKII Classic with OEM thumbhole stock, topped with a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40. I absolutely love ALL my Savages, but for trigger time and fun I can't beat the .22LR! Yeah, I've done some traveling and spent a significant amount of time gathering ammo. for it, but honestly I don't know how I did without a "22" for so long. From target shooting to urban pest elimination, it does it all!

I'm a little sleepy today...not getting what your post title means?

BTW- IMHO you did right by going with this over modding-out your 10-22. I had a 10-22 and just didn't like it. There are probably more aftermarket accessories and upgrades available for it than any other commercial .22lr past or present, but the gun just didn't bond with me (or me with it...whatever).

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

wlleven
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    It doesn't replace the trigger, it enhances it. Go to Savage forums on rimfire central, there is plenty of information there,
    Could you give a link to Savage forums Rimfire Central ?

wll

never mind ..... found it ;- )

wll
    Last edited by wlleven; 12-09-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Deepfriedmcrib
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    GOOD ON 'YA Deepfried! I love the looks of your rifle, the shorter barrel..man! that piece looks "BA"! What twist is your barrel?

I have a Savage MKII Classic with OEM thumbhole stock, topped with a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40. I absolutely love ALL my Savages, but for trigger time and fun I can't beat the .22LR! Yeah, I've done some traveling and spent a significant amount of time gathering ammo. for it, but honestly I don't know how I did without a "22" for so long. From target shooting to urban pest elimination, it does it all!

I'm a little sleepy today...not getting what your post title means?

BTW- IMHO you did right by going with this over modding-out your 10-22. I had a 10-22 and just didn't like it. There are probably more aftermarket accessories and upgrades available for it than any other commercial .22lr past or present, but the gun just didn't bond with me (or me with it...whatever).

Brian
    thanks man. The barrel is your standard 1:16 twist. The name murdered is because it's all black. I'm sure your have seen the trend of cars being all blacked out ? Aka murdered .
    Also yes I'm really glad I decided to go with a savage over your average 10-22 build. Nothing wrong at all with the ruger , but I believe I would have had a lot more money invested to get the accuracy I got with this savage. 10-22 and my model 60 marlin are fun lil semis , but can't shoot the groups like this fvsr , plus the bolt just looks so cool and simple.
    I looked at that Nikon scope you got , super nice for sure. Just wasn't in my price range. Plus my buddie has a bsa sweet .17 on his hmr and I really liked the yardage marked turrets. Price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedmcrib View Post
    thanks man. The barrel is your standard 1:16 twist. The name murdered is because it's all black. I'm sure your have seen the trend of cars being all blacked out ? Aka murdered .
    Also yes I'm really glad I decided to go with a savage over your average 10-22 build. Nothing wrong at all with the ruger , but I believe I would have had a lot more money invested to get the accuracy I got with this savage. 10-22 and my model 60 marlin are fun lil semis , but can't shoot the groups like this fvsr , plus the bolt just looks so cool and simple.
    I looked at that Nikon scope you got , super nice for sure. Just wasn't in my price range. Plus my buddie has a bsa sweet .17 on his hmr and I really liked the yardage marked turrets. Price was right.
    My only non-Savage rifle is in .17 HMR; it was supposed to come with a scope but someone (apparently an employee) liberated it from the box. The asst. manager gave me $50.00 off if I took the rifle sans scope, which I did. On the way home stopped at a local gun shop and bought a used BSA Sweet 17. I know there are a lot of complaints about them but mine was fine. Actually better than fine. It was clear and held zero. I got rid of it only because a buddy was putting together a single shot .17 HMR for his daughter and he bought my BSA. I like my Nikons but I firmly believe you can get good in ay brand and likewise bad inn any brand.

That .17 HMR that I have sports a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy with the BDC reticle. It is clear and I have picked off Starlings and squirrels at up to 65 yards with it. With Winchester 17 grain ammo. it'll shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards. AND HEY it's got the "scarey" Skull & Antlers logo on the objective bell, which is what makes it sub-moa

Best wishes with the new addition! Please let us know what you add onn, change, modify etc!

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Deepfriedmcrib
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    My only non-Savage rifle is in .17 HMR; it was supposed to come with a scope but someone (apparently an employee) liberated it from the box. The asst. manager gave me $50.00 off if I took the rifle sans scope, which I did. On the way home stopped at a local gun shop and bought a used BSA Sweet 17. I know there are a lot of complaints about them but mine was fine. Actually better than fine. It was clear and held zero. I got rid of it only because a buddy was putting together a single shot .17 HMR for his daughter and he bought my BSA. I like my Nikons but I firmly believe you can get good in ay brand and likewise bad inn any brand.

That .17 HMR that I have sports a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy with the BDC reticle. It is clear and I have picked off Starlings and squirrels at up to 65 yards with it. With Winchester 17 grain ammo. it'll shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards. AND HEY it's got the "scarey" Skull & Antlers logo on the objective bell, which is what makes it sub-moa

Best wishes with the new addition! Please let us know what you add onn, change, modify etc!

Brian
    After using my buddies .17 hmr with the sweet 17 I was sold. I also read some not so good stuff about bsa , but nothing really bad about the sweet rimfire series. I'm happy with mine. No plans on swapping it out anytime soon. I had a 14$ tasco on my marlin model 60 for years that held zero just fine. Wasn't the best optic but for under 100yds it was fine.