Thread: Model 11 trophy xp youth 7mm08 twist?

Tacpayne

Model 11 trophy xp youth 7mm08 twist?

Anyone know the twist of this rifle? http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...PHYHUNTERXPYTH
    I ordered one for my son. I am wondering the barrel twist so I can try to make a some bullet purchases for reloading. I will load some 120gr reduced loads so he can shoot all he wants when he first gets it but will probably load 140gr for hunting

multitoes
    All other 7-08's are 9.5 twist ; I can't imagine they would change that for a different model.
    I'll bet he has no trouble with the recoil -- I call my 7-08 "low recoil magic" ; although that rifle is very light.

Brent
    9.5. I am shooting 140 vlds and the rifle loves them.

Tacpayne
    Thanks guys, I'm really not concerned win recoil that much. The only reason for the reduced loads is I am sure he will want to shoot it a crap ton Christmas Day. He has hunted with my 270win all season and handles the recoil fine. He's a small guy 8yrs old 52lbs but tough as nails. I was mainly concerned about the heavier bullets. He will want to shoot them because he's a boy that thinks bigger is better lol. He has never been scared of a gun, 270weatherby 7mm mag whatever he will shoot it. I am concerned he will develope a flinch shooting rifles he honestly has no business shooting lol.

Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacpayne View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm really not concerned win recoil that much. The only reason for the reduced loads is I am sure he will want to shoot it a crap ton Christmas Day. He has hunted with my 270win all season and handles the recoil fine. He's a small guy 8yrs old 52lbs but tough as nails. I was mainly concerned about the heavier bullets. He will want to shoot them because he's a boy that thinks bigger is better lol. He has never been scared of a gun, 270weatherby 7mm mag whatever he will shoot it. I am concerned he will develope a flinch shooting rifles he honestly has no business shooting lol.
    Did a trigger job on the axis and it made a HUGE difference!

Tacpayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Did a trigger job on the axis and it made a HUGE difference!
    I went with the model 11. I just wasn't sure on the axis, plus with the model 11 coming with a nice scope it was a no brainer for me. Even if I nought the axis I still would have got a 200 scope and ended up with about the same $ involved