Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tacticool pics

Team Savage

The Fred sled is a no brainer for Savage CF DBM stocks with the metal frame assembly (surround) if you want the flexibility of a single-shot feed. Lay your load on the ramp and it always feeds perfectly into the chamber. I've got a weak ejector, so the brass usually drop right on the ramp for easy removal. I prefer the single shot when shooting off bench or at PDogs. I'm getting too old to enjoy chasing and searching for my brass in the grass.

Basic Member

Bravojmc

jac091498
    Drthunder88, how did you do that "webbing" paint job on your stock?

Basic Member
    I just got my Sky Tacticool stock today,and opened up the barrel channel for the 10 FCP to fit in it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Looks AWESOME!

Here's mine.

jac091498
    I was checking out the tacticool stocks and noticed you can now purchase them in green as well as black. Hopefully sometime shortly in the future they will add a fde stock.
    Last edited by jac091498; 07-15-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: rewording

I'm happy to see that too, but instead of paying the custom option charge, I think I'd be more inclined to spend that $15 on spray paint.

04silvy
    Savage axis..Took it out last Sunday and shot great. Thinking about sending the bolt off to be fluted, tactical bolt knob and a paint job.

Basic Member
    which axis is that? bull barrel and threaded? length? looks awesome!

04silvy
    Thanks! I think it turned out pretty good for the cash I have in it. It is the an Axis SR .308 with 20" standard threaded barrel. I kinda wish it was a heavy barrel but it's still a tack driver for sure.

Btw Chris I just looked back at the thread and saw yours. Excellent job on yours as well! One of the new heavy barrel Axis? I've been thinking about painting mine OD green with a web finish...but haven't made up my mind. Also I don't think it's needed with my setup..but what cheek rest is that? Looks right at home on there
    Last edited by 04silvy; 08-01-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Basic Member
    93R17 TR
    Spectre II
    Vortex Crossfire II 4-12X40

Team Savage
    Very nice

Ranger412
    Did a DIY cheek piece mod to this one, my son's .223 match rifle. Duracoat Tactical Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger412 View Post
    Did a DIY cheek piece mod to this one, my son's .223 match rifle. Duracoat Tactical Black.

well done!....cheek alteration came out perfect!
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Ranger412
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    well done!....cheek alteration came out perfect!
    Thanks. I'm really happy with the results. I did the same mod to a Bell & Carlson stock and that one came out really nice too. I've had a few folks on other forums ask if I'd do their stocks. Initially I was hesitant to cut into someone else's stock, but now that I've done two of my own I think I'm ready.

Here's the rifle specifics. LH 116 center feed long action. Factory DBM. Boyds Tacticool stock in pepper laminate. Threaded stainless 24" McGowan heavy magnum contour 9" twist 7mm Mag barrel. EGW 20MOA base. 30mm Burris Signature Zee rings. B-Square rail mount level. Harris knock-off swivel bipod (saving for Atlas). Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NP-R2. YHM Stainless Phantom M2 .30 Cal. Suppressor.

Last edited by geargrinder; 09-29-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

adam.croner
    So the plastic bottom for the mag fit right in? I have a trophy hunter xp in .308 and been searching for a stock but having issues with people saying it wont work with the plastic bottom

adam.croner
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrx4 View Post
    For some of the people asking. I guess I have an older 111? The serial started with an H if that means anything. I was able to remove the plastic trigger guard and the plastic bottom metal and just put it in/ on the new laminate stock. Like I said this is just mocked up to see what needs/needed to be done. I am worried that the action screws from the plastic stock might be too short. They barely protrude from the stock on the inside. Boyd's website didnt say anything about needing the longer screws but I might order them to be on the safe side. I am looking into pillar bedding it. I am also going to call savage and see if I can get the trigger guard at least in metal as I kinda broke that plastic one everything fit and I cycled a few rounds flawlessly.

So is there any problems with this stock having the plastic bottom piece on the trophy hunter xp? I have one in .308 and been searching a lot for a stock and I keep hearing it wont work with the plastic bottom or the bottom bolt release?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    What stock is this bro?

Boyds Tacticool of course! Specifically, it's the version for the Accutrigger Mk II. I got an unfinished one from Midway when they were cheaper than finished versions, but it is a basic Tacticool as far as I can tell.

Basic Member

260Rem
    26" varmint Mcgowen barrel 1-8"
    Vortex viper PST
    Tps rings
    Sav-2 trigger set at 14 oz

Team Savage
    Very nice

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.croner View Post
    So is there any problems with this stock having the plastic bottom piece on the trophy hunter xp? I have one in .308 and been searching a lot for a stock and I keep hearing it wont work with the plastic bottom or the bottom bolt release?
    I have not had any trouble with mine. I didn't pillar it. There isn't much wood there to drill out. I just skim bedded it. It shoots great.

I hope to pop a nice buck with it this weekend.

rtchambers
    I really like this, what hardware did you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger412 View Post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast