Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tacticool pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    M4J0R T0M

Tacticool pics

Post up pics of your Savage's in tacticool stocks.

M4J0R T0M
    Ive scoured that entire thread and didn't see any rifles with Boyd's Tacticool stocks. Anybody have any pics they want to share? I'm specifically looking for the a model 10 (preferably tactical model) mounted in a Boyd's tacticool stock.

I went ahead and ordered the tacticool for my gun but it'll be a couple weeks before it's here. I'll probably start a new thread on my rifle when the stock and other stuff gets here. I'll be doing a budget precision build and documents the parts and steps I take along the way.

Long action 260 in a tacticool. Had to open up the barrel channel to get the varmint barrel in there. The stock feels great and was well worth the money.

M4J0R T0M
    That looks great! I have a couple questions if you don't mind. What did you use for the barrel inletting? If you used a dowel and sandpaper, what size dowel?

I like your camo job as well, is that a sponge job?

One inch dowel wrapped with sandpaper. It is definitely more of a sporter barrel inlet. Yes, sponge camo. First sponge job I have done and like it. Usually, I paint and tape everything.

Basic Member
    I've got one on order for a 308 I'm assembling. Ill post pics once its together.

Nice paint btw

Basic Member
    Mine will be here this afternoon! Hopefully I will get the bedding job done tonight and have some pictures of it!

M4J0R T0M
    Quote Originally Posted by missed View Post
    Mine will be here this afternoon! Hopefully I will get the bedding job done tonight and have some pictures of it!
    I just got tracking info for my stock, can't wait for it to get here! I'm also planning to bed my stock as well. If you don't mind I'd like to get some info from you once you've tackled bedding job.

223 4 me
    My 30.06 Stevens, best $113.00 I ever spent

M4J0R T0M
    That looks great, thanks for posting.

223 4 me
    Your quite welcome Tom, and good luck on your build. After a bedding job this stock is every bit as stiff and comfy as other stocks I've paid four times as much for.

ace4wd
    [IMG][/IMG]

My MKII FV-SR with its new Stock

M4J0R T0M
    That's a mighty fine looking rifle. Did you get the unfinished version from midway and finish it yourself?

ace4wd
    Quote Originally Posted by M4J0R T0M View Post
    That's a mighty fine looking rifle. Did you get the unfinished version from midway and finish it yourself?
    Got it from Boyd's they did a small run like that before Christmas. I think I might have the only FV-SR like that.

Basic Member
    Here is my nutmeg brown laminate I got in for my savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP in 25-06. I just threw it together to get an idea.
    Warning photobomb to begin...

45omega
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrx4 View Post
    Here is my nutmeg brown laminate I got in for my savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP in 25-06. I just threw it together to get an idea.
    Warning photobomb to begin...

That is a great looking stock!!

Team Savage
    Savage 16 Short Action Centerfeed - Bottom Bolt Release - DBM w/ Single Shot Fred Sled
    CBI Barrel 24" Ruger 204 Light Varmint Contour
    SSS Comp Recoil Lug & Tactical Bolt Handle
    Weaver Grand Slam Bases - Burris Signature Zee Rings
    Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40 LR with CDS turret
    Harris Bipod
    Tacticool RH Centerfeed w/DBM
    Flat Black Duracoat w/Silver & Black Krylon Webbing

Last edited by jpdown; 04-06-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Bravojmc

Really like the brown laminate look.

Basic Member
    That does look sharp, I have a black olive and love it. I'll get some pics up when the gun is back in one piece.

Basic Member
    For some of the people asking. I guess I have an older 111? The serial started with an H if that means anything. I was able to remove the plastic trigger guard and the plastic bottom metal and just put it in/ on the new laminate stock. Like I said this is just mocked up to see what needs/needed to be done. I am worried that the action screws from the plastic stock might be too short. They barely protrude from the stock on the inside. Boyd's website didnt say anything about needing the longer screws but I might order them to be on the safe side. I am looking into pillar bedding it. I am also going to call savage and see if I can get the trigger guard at least in metal as I kinda broke that plastic one everything fit and I cycled a few rounds flawlessly.

adam.croner
    So the plastic bottom for the mag fit right in? I have a trophy hunter xp in .308 and been searching for a stock but having issues with people saying it wont work with the plastic bottom

adam.croner
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrx4 View Post
    For some of the people asking. I guess I have an older 111? The serial started with an H if that means anything. I was able to remove the plastic trigger guard and the plastic bottom metal and just put it in/ on the new laminate stock. Like I said this is just mocked up to see what needs/needed to be done. I am worried that the action screws from the plastic stock might be too short. They barely protrude from the stock on the inside. Boyd's website didnt say anything about needing the longer screws but I might order them to be on the safe side. I am looking into pillar bedding it. I am also going to call savage and see if I can get the trigger guard at least in metal as I kinda broke that plastic one everything fit and I cycled a few rounds flawlessly.

So is there any problems with this stock having the plastic bottom piece on the trophy hunter xp? I have one in .308 and been searching a lot for a stock and I keep hearing it wont work with the plastic bottom or the bottom bolt release?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.croner View Post
    So is there any problems with this stock having the plastic bottom piece on the trophy hunter xp? I have one in .308 and been searching a lot for a stock and I keep hearing it wont work with the plastic bottom or the bottom bolt release?
    I have not had any trouble with mine. I didn't pillar it. There isn't much wood there to drill out. I just skim bedded it. It shoots great.

I hope to pop a nice buck with it this weekend.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast