Thread: my new 93 tr.17

danielFL

my new 93 tr.17

Just picked this up other day. Went to range today to get zero, dope and ammo testing.

Seems to like hornady 17grn vmax nest then 20 grn cci game point.

Best and final target 155yrds 17vmax dot is .5"

Basic Member
    Sweet gun. I have one too, really fun to shoot. I smacked (more like plinked) steel out to 400 with it. I think you'll find once the barrel fouls up the groups will get tighter. I used to clean mine after every time I shot it but then went to cleaning every 3-4 hundred rounds and it shoots much tighter. Nice group.
    What kind of scope do you have on it?

danielFL
    thanks Lorenzo. seems tho she suffers from heat quickly BUT when I really started trying to bring them in I was fighting 3 diff medium winds, LR,RL, and a tail. Optics is a vortex HS-T 6-24x50 MRAD VMR1 retical

it was also used it is already broke in, just got to get really dialed in, I was primarly doing first setup and roughing in with ammo testing

Nice shooting, what are you using scope?
    USAF/RET 1966-1990
    Aim High

danielFL
    1bdvet look at the post above you

Basic Member
    Youll also notice that the ammo isnt always consistant box to box. But the CCI TNTs and gamepoints shoot really well as does the Hornady stuff both 17 and 20 gr. Ive shot groups like the one you have in the pic but not consistantly usually have a wicked flyer. Need to mess with the action screw tension I think. Heres a good article on the inner workings of the action and stock, not sure if I have the guts to try what the guy did with out an extra boyds stock on hand just in case.
    h
    ttp://rvbprecision.com/shooting/savage-93r17tr-proper-bedding.html

danielFL
    Lorenzo link is not working.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.