Thread: EGW attachment bolts

Exclamation EGW attachment bolts

Just recieved a 20 MOA Pict. base for my 10 FCP-K.

As I started installation, I started preping the threaded reciever holes by cleaning with brk and compressed air to get any metal/oil out off the threads.
    I pulled all the attachment bolts from the package and cleaned them as well. Without installing the base yet, I grab,d one of the screws went to thread it into the reciever with my fingers. I played hell trying to get it started. Finally got it started but noticed it wasnt going in easy. I put my eye magnifier,s on and low and behold, the bolts were machined to a certain lenth, thus imparing the "start" thread. Upon future inspection of the rest of them, 2 out of the 4 were in the same shape. I had to use my jewelers file to fit the threads to get the job done "right"! ...basically..the threads were mucked up.!!!!!
    COME ON EGW!..............even cheap weavers base,s made in china use pilot,d attachment bolts
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

EGW's screw are really bad. The heads are also soft and poorly sized. Very easy to strip out. I always throw them away and use quality hardware.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

well aint that a b****.......I spent good money on the base as well.
    I like the torx head.....but cutting/grinding the bolts to different size lenghts to accomodate different recievers and not taking the time to at least chase the threads is just plain bull***
    I garantee if somebody esle would of installed these bolts without doing what I did would of mar,d up threads badley....which Im sure its happen,d
    {John Wayne}

I like the Weaver tactical base better, better engineering, looks better, and has a designed lip for positioning on your receiver, and also says "MADE IN THE USA" right on the side. EGW thinks their S... dont stink and are very non curtious over the telephone. And they want to sell you Torx head screws for $3.00

I was getting ready to order weavers tact base because the egw was taken longer than expected to arrive...I should of done that in the 1st place........
    So be it.........theres always a 1st time and last time for everything......lesson learned
    {John Wayne}

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Benh View Post
    I like the Weaver tactical base better, better engineering, looks better, and has a designed lip for positioning on your receiver, and also says "MADE IN THE USA" right on the side. EGW thinks their S... dont stink and are very non curtious over the telephone. And they want to sell you Torx head screws for $3.00
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    EGW's screw are really bad. The heads are also soft and poorly sized. Very easy to strip out. I always throw them away and use quality hardware.
    Yep