I got a 10 fcp-sr in 308 to do some medium to long range shots. Max is about 800 yards. I am going to a precision rifle course in January and the gun has to be able to shoot 1 MOA in order to use it in the course. I am getting 3 shot groups in 1 inch at 100 yards using 168 grain federal gold medal match sometimes, but not consistently. The match ammo is much more accurate than the remington core lok. The core lock has 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards. I have some 175 grain that I can shot about 1.5 inches at 100 yards. I am shooting off a wood bench using caldwell deadshot bags. Very little wind.

Any suggestions on how to tighten these groups up? I have a vortex viper 6-24 pst first focal plane scope that seems great. I can zoom right in and hold the reticle on the dot. Working on breathing and hold on the gun to minimize gun movement.

I have not taken the gun apart to check torques or anything. I did check the rail to make sure it is tight before I put the scope on.

Any suggestions. I know this thing should consistently shoot 1 in or better at 100 yards. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Larry