Thread: 6.5X47L RCBS Gold Medal Sizer die

6.5X47L RCBS Gold Medal Sizer die

I ordered the above! The instructions state is should have come with extra decapping pin bushings or as stated on the instructions, an "accessory pack". Mine did not come with it.

The way it looks, the pin bushing that is on the die is larger than the sizing bushing I need to use! I could compress it, but on the "OUT" stroke, this OEM pin bushing would open the neck. This accessory kit supposedly takes care of this isssue.

Am I "MISSING" something, or I was hopeing someone has this die and could better explain the setup, vs the instructions RCBS sends with it!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Re: 6.5X47L RCBS Gold Medal Sizer die

I don't have the gold medal die set, but I do have experience with RCBS. If you call or email them, and tell them what you have, and what you're missing, they will send you out the missing parts no charge.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim
    I don&#39;t have the gold medal die set, but I do have experience with RCBS. If you call or email them, and tell them what you have, and what you&#39;re missing, they will send you out the missing parts no charge.
    +1

I called RCBS for the second time. This morning they told me the part was on backorder and didn&#39;t have an arrival date!

I stated the sizer die was useless without this accessory. They again stated they would do there best to get this accessory kit to me.

NOW, the BIG question: What or how can I use this sizer die now, or is there any other way to go. I would even buy the part from someone else if it were available!

12934 is the RCBS part number of the die in question.

Just for the record, "MOST" of my dies are RCBS and their my favorite!

Uncle Jack

From whom did you buy it? If it didn&#39;t come with all the necessary parts and RCBS can&#39;t supply them, I think I&#39;d want my money back or a replacement with a different brand.

uj

Have you "mic&#39;d" the pin bushing, to be sure that it is a problem, or is this just an "eyeballed" measurement? Just curious.

It sounds like the only options for you are to either wait for the parts, or order another die from some other company. Maybe this is destiny calling to inspire you to go to a Wilson in line die set?

;D
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

LOL, I bought the die directly from RCBS and have talked to Rick several times!

Have you "mic&#39;d" the pin bushing, to be sure that it is a problem, or is this just an "eyeballed" measurement? Just curious.
    I mic&#39;d it and tried a case in it. Factory Lapua brass measures 2.897 . . . with bullet installed it measured 2.900, all very close!

Instructions state: The Decap Rod assembly comes with an expander Ball/Decap Pin holder installed to allow for the proper preparation of a new lot of brass. The Decap Pin holder "FOUND" in the accessory bag "MUST" replace the expander ball for proper use with the neck bushings!

These instructions seem pretty straight forward to me! Again, the accessory bag was not in the case! I could use the sizer like it is, but I want to use it the way it was designed to use.

I wish the instructions for this part were a little more detailed, but trial and error will get the job done.

I really don&#39;t understand why you need one expander ball for new brass and one for fired brass!

RCBS came through as promised . . . FYI

My Redding set has a sizer ball that can thread onto the decapping stem, or it has an insert that takes the place of the sizer ball and is undersized to not touch the inside of the case neck. I always use the insert, and not the sizer ball. It&#39;s a neck sizing bushing die. I guess I would have been hosed if the insert had been missing in my die set too.

I&#39;m glad RCBS came through for you. I knew they would. For what it&#39;s worth, my buddy once bought a competition seater for his 204 from RCBS that was missing the extended shell holder. They sent him one when he called them about it.

Stuff happens.