Thread: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

On this eve of Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for. For just over 6 years I was an addict; it consumed my mind, my soul and my life. I lost a really good job; almost lost my home and my wife, not to mention my life.

The Lord saw fit to allow me yet another chance- I have been clean for almost two years now. Not only that- but I have a steady job and although it doesn't pay well, I get to genuinely help others and to use the things that were a detriment to my life to now be an asset.

Right now, I have more clarity of thought than I have perhaps ever had. I've been able to go to a good school and graduate with a certificate in addictions counseling. My wife's and my relationship is better and deeper than ever before. On July 3rd past, we have 23 years together. I owe it ALL to Christ and the friends and loved ones that have stuck by me through thick and thin.

As I count my blessings, I include my membership here. I feel like this is a family; like I know many of you personally. I've never met folks so kind, thoughtful and willing to help both in personal life and in my experiences on "boards" relative to shooting and my other passion- guitars.

Thank you all; my wife and I pray for you collectively and for some of you who I know a little better through PMs and correspondence, personally.

I sincerely hope you and your families all have a Thanksgiving full of love and inner peace. I love you guys!

Special thanks to the Mods on these forums- I don't envy your jobs, but am really glad for your sacrifice.

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Good luck to you.
    I did 22 years of buying the lie, as well. Sometimes wonder how the hell I lived thru it.
    It's been about 6 - 7 years of clean, sober living. I look forward with a smile everyday.

Congrats, good luck & God bless you & yours on this day of thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    From yer 'ol Uncle Frank here in the swamps of Florida....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

I have much to be thankful for as well.

Happy thanksgiving to all...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Basic Member
    I want to join in and say Happy Thanksgiving!
    We do have so much to be thankful for and I hope our Provider, God, is blessed by our thanks today
    Jack

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm off to stuff my face and add an inch or two to my waistline.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

4 more days till the 220f starts barking!.............LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Woof-Woof....
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~