Thread: Last moment substitution ?

Basic Member

Last moment substitution ?

You have a factory stock Savage rifle with your perfectly mounted and adjusted Nightforce scope installed.

You have the most perfect load ever worked up for a rifle and it is routinely grouping ten shots under 0.100 inch at a thousand yards.

Just before you are called to the line at the Hickory, North Carolina, World Championship Egg & Groundhog Shoot, something inside your Savage breaks and it cannot be fixed in time.

The entire moderator team from SavageShooters is there and they come up with an exact copy of your factory stock Savage rifle and Nightforce scope for you to shoot.

With all their expertise, they set it to be identical to your gun in every way.

There is no time left to even fire a single practice shot.

What is the likelihood that you will win this year's World Championship Egg & Groundhog Shoot ?

It is directly proportional to the chances of surviving a charge by 3 equal distance bull pdogs from 3 different directions at the same time.

You guys have way to much time on your hands!
    kelly
    YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID !

I surely cannot answer the question as the laws of probability must dictate an astronomical odds factor.

That being said; it's good to hear from you Mr. Hammer.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

buxman66
    Oh fer gosh sakes let me know what happened you got me hangin here!

It's a trick question.

Those of use who are fortunate enough to know Hammer know he only shoots one cartridge through his Savage's - the 220 Swift. We also know that over the years he has bought up every Savage barrel in the country chambered in .220 Swift. Therefore there's no way we could possibly assemble a replacement rifle that is identical in every way because there's no way we would be able to locate a replacement .220 Swift barrel.

Wait...what's that I see in the distance down on vendor's row? Could it be...maybe...possibly? Nope, false alarm...that's a dusty old .219 Donaldson Wasp barrel.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    I disagree. He said "you". Therefore the cartridge is meaningless. If it is exactly the same or identical as you put it then you have exactly the same or identical chance you had prior to the malfunction. The swift story was good however. I did see a swift barrel on the Shooters Forum(6br) this AM.

JCalhoun
    Hammer,

I'm notorious for pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. The string would look like this,
    10, X, X, 10, X, 8

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

What is the likelihood that you will win this year's World Championship Egg & Groundhog Shoot ?

Zero. No such contest exists. It's the Ground Hog & Egg Shoot.