Thread: Millet Gold Buck scopes ?

Basic Member

Millet Gold Buck scopes ?

Thoughts on the Millet Gold Buck side focus 30mm scopes, please.

Saw some that have retail marked at over $500 on sale for under $200.

Temptation and all that sort of thing happens, you know.

dcloco

Re: Millet Gold Buck scopes ?

The lenses are only "multi coated"....so...no...not a good deal.

The Millett website does not list any real specs either...how much MOA adjustment????

I got the same email flyer as well.....nope...not going to buy one.

Basic Member

I have two. One is the 4-16x56 buck gold the other is a 6-25x56. I love mine. Both shoot great in low light conditions, both hold zero well, and both track well. I don't know how much adjustment is in the scope, but I have plenty for the 300 meter shooting that I do where I live. I don't have a further range to go out on. If I need more adjustment, Ill just get a 20 moa base.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

tacticalj

from what i read about them, as i am considering purchasing one, there is 90 to 100moa adjustment in them, depending on the model. I know that beats some of the manufacturers that i have read about also. hope that helps

Team Savage

millett buck side focus scopes
    moa adjustments on 4-16 modles will be 60-65 moa

pa hog

My cousin swears by the TRS and LRS on his AR's he has at least 10 and even replaced some bigger dollar scopes with them cause he was buying two or three for the price of a good Leupold. He clicks alot and found them to work well, although he said the first two he got had to be sent back for reticle problems of some sort. But he said the last couple have been flawless,and the repaired ones are fine as well. I've been eyeing one up myself for my .223, as my local dealer has good buys on them.
    Here's the specs from their site:
    Features

-Fine crosshair with 1/8 MOA dot reticle
    -Heavy-duty, one-piece main tube, provides the foundation for precise lens alignment and other components.
    -Absorb the heaviest recoil and field handling conditions without failure.
    -Reinforced variable power zoom ring serves to seal and support the eyepiece securely.
    -Our special sealing and purge methods for dry nitrogen fill include internal moisture removal paths in the eyepiece. The use of water-resistant sealants, synthetic grease and secure O-ring seals protect against fogging over the life of the scope.
    -Unique coil spring system applies uniform pressure to the zoom assembly throughout the windage & elevation adjustment range.
    -Resettable dials are provided in both windage and elevation adjustments to retain sight calibration and easy return to zero.
    -Finger-touch controls eliminate the need for coin slots. The fine clicks are graduated to produce 1/4 minute of angle corrections.
    -Fully multi-coated optics deliver maximum light transmission and the sharpest image quality

goblin141

I just picked up my 10 FCP-k ;D and am going to put a 6x25x56 on it on Tuesday. Looking through the glass its very bright, focus seems right on. :)

Basic Member

I have the same scope mounted on my custom savage:

[img width=600 height=450]http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu165/psharon97/P2211480.jpg[/img]
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

goblin141

Looks great. I bought a single piece mount, only had burris tactical rings, the screws are to long for the front.

Basic Member

I've held my 6-25.56 buck gold to a Leupold Mark IV and I can't tell the difference in clarity. The mark 4 is a 6-25x50 side focus. I haven't compared these scopes in low light.

dcloco

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97
    I've held my 6-25.56 buck gold to a Leupold Mark IV and I can't tell the difference in clarity. The mark 4 is a 6-25x50 side focus. I haven't compared these scopes in low light.
    Huh?

pa hog

Think he meant a 8.5-25x50 Mark 4

tacticalj

i did some more reading and it depends on what model you get, some have only 50moa i guess. I'm gonna email the manufacturer and see if i can get a response from them, if so i'll post it.