Thread: Sold my right hand to buy a left hand...

Sold my right hand to buy a left hand...

I have sold my .243 axis this week, and this arvo I ordered a new .243 Axis in left hand. Must say it is a little dearer this time than last, $550 for whole package last time, $580 just for left hand gun only, (cant buy pack version or S/Steel in Left)

I have kept my EGW 0 deg rail and spare mags etc... I am waiting to see what happens with boyds in the way of left hand stocks. Will have to do the usual trigger / stock mods again.

So know I need to go with a scope decision, looking at the redfield revolution 4x12x40... has anyone used one on a Axis and what mounts did you use?

Also over here they are listing the Axis as a new model for the price increase!!! has the stocks been improved?

rwmorrell
    I did a layaway this week on a new .308 base model in left hand, $299 + the tax and fees came to $338

I guess you are US based...

rwmorrell
    Quote Originally Posted by patrolit View Post
    I guess you are US based...
    Yes, Tennessee

jasta
    We pay that little bit extra here in Aussie. I think its because its sent with love from the US.

New Lefty should be here on Monday.

I have ordered a boyds stock, just standard one on pepper and plan to mod it to suit left hand action. Boyds have suggested in reply to emails I sent that if they do a lefty it will be $10 dearer than the right hand version. Making it impossible to export to Aus.

I decided on a Redfield Revolution, with Leupold 2.5" sunshade and Leupold end caps, mounted using Burris Sign zee 1" rings on to a egw rail. Ordered it on Thursday form the www.theriflescopestore.com.

I have looked long and hard at a vortex viper, Nikon etc.. read all about FFP and SFP... but at the end of the day it is a hunting rifle with a average target out to 200m.

Next I have to decide on doing the trigger myself again or going aftermarket...

rwmorrell
    I decided on a Redfield Revolution, with Leupold 2.5" sunshade and Leupold end caps, mounted using Burris Sign zee 1" rings on to a egw rail. Ordered it on Thursday form the www.theriflescopestore.com.

I have looked long and hard at a vortex viper, Nikon etc.. read all about FFP and SFP... but at the end of the day it is a hunting rifle with a average target out to 200m.

So does that rig clear everything without contact and without using high mounts?

Basic Member
    New Lefty should be here on Monday.

I have ordered a boyds stock, just standard one on pepper and plan to mod it to suit left hand action. Boyds have suggested in reply to emails I sent that if they do a lefty it will be $10 dearer than the right hand version. Making it impossible to export to Aus.

Next I have to decide on doing the trigger myself again or going aftermarket...
    I'm sure they could arrange something...

Quote Originally Posted by rwmorrell View Post
    So does that rig clear everything without contact and without using high mounts?
    I have ordered 2 sizes of mounts medium and high. I did measure a Redfield against my original sharpshooter bushnell that came with the right hand rifle package when I was doing the transfer to new owner at the local gun shop, Nikon prostaff defiantly doesn't fit, as long as the eyepiece outer dia is no bigger then 42mm I am pretty sure medium rings will do the job. The scope is the same basic dimensions as in eye piece area. I am not sure what size / brand mounts where with the original savage package I had.

Will keep you posted on fitment when it all arrives.

hate computers
    Last edited by patrolit; 11-23-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by missed View Post
    I'm sure they could arrange something...
    Would like to think so, but not conveyed in the emails unfortunately. Will happily buy another one if they do sort it for us lefty Koala hugger from down under...

Basic Member
    Does it just have to be under $100 for the product it self?

That's what I see trying to decipher ITAR.

But once a product is used, its value diminishes......
    so a second hand stock would have a lower value and a party in the US could sell it overseas without violating ITAR as long as it's value was under $100.

or you wait to find what you want in Boyd's crazy deals section and pick one up for under the magic number.