Thread: questions for Model 12 LRPV right bolt left port owners

Petermari

questions for Model 12 LRPV right bolt left port owners

Any base/mount issues you want to share before I order? I like the clean look of two pc. bases. I have a Leupold std windage adjustable 2 pc base on my Model 10 FCP. Seems to work well. Not sure if the left side port would cause any issues for it. Weaver makes a low cost 2 pc base #46 that looks ok. How about 1 piece bases? Does the EGW 41000 work ok? Again, not sure exactly where the left port is so I don't know if the 1 pc EGW would be ok. Last one is the Leupold windage adjustable 1 piece. My question is do any of these bases interfere with the left side port? Does the one pc base need a cutout where the left port is? Thanks for your help.

Basic Member
    Since you have a left port I would get a left hand action base, I run single piece EGW on all my guns. Like the 41020 series bases. The base just has a little bevel on the edge, and that bevel is on the side of what hand the base is made for. I have had a right handed base on one of my left hand guns since it was what I was able to get at the time and I had no issues with it.

Petermari
    41020 is the left hand base for the right bolt/ left port? You're using a right hand base on a left hand/ right port? So, technically either one will work but 41020 is actually intended for the right bolt/left port? So the cut out on the base is for the port and not the bolt?

Basic Member
    The left port is on the side of the action and the top is completely solid. I have a 2 piece Leupold base on one of my target actions and it looks very clean. The other one has a 20MOA EGW one piece base which looks good as well.

Andrew

Petermari
    I'm leaning toward the Leupold std windage 2 piece base. I think the 2 pc bases just look a little cleaner. The 1 pc left hand EGW base is running a close second. If I do use the EGW I'll probably go with the XTR rings. Thanks again for the help.

maxl
    I have 2 lrpv I use weaver 46 on both they look clean and work just fine.

Petermari
    It's so nice to ask a question on this forum and get thoughtful replies. No flaming or sarcastic comments. Great Forum. I appreciate the help. Good shooting.

Basic Member
    I have the Burris xtr rings on two guns and the vortex tactical on the other gun both great choices.