Thread: Looking for a good trigger diagram for an edge 308.

StevenM

Looking for a good trigger diagram for an edge 308.

I have disassembled the trigger from my Edge 308 and polished the necessary surfaces.

I am now looking for a good detailed diagram or photo of the edge trigger mechanism so that I can see where all the parts go for sure as I do not want to make a mistake on the trigger and make the firearm unsafe.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Put the cart before the donkey aye? Probably should have taken a few minutes to snap a couple pictures for future reference before tearing it apart huh? LOL

Fortunately for you Google is your friend.

We also have a couple factory tuning articles in the Gunsmithing section of the main site, but access is limited to paid members.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    The Edge/Axis trigger is the simplest of triggers, and should be self evident. The only thing you could get mixed up is the pins. The long pin goes through the sear, the shorter pin holds the trigger to the action. If you discover an extra spring, it goes between the trigger bracket and receiver.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

StevenM
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Put the cart before the donkey aye? Probably should have taken a few minutes to snap a couple pictures for future reference before tearing it apart huh? LOL

Fortunately for you Google is your friend.

We also have a couple factory tuning articles in the Gunsmithing section of the main site, but access is limited to paid members.
    Your response made me smile for 2 reasons -
    First I had the same 20/20 hindsight myself as I am currently photographing every step of an engine removal I am doing on a Toyota Landcruiser that I broke .

The second was that your link attached to the Google comment was in fact a Bing link, but that may just be due to my background. I had spent some time looking with assorted search engines for a detailed image or exploded diagram with no luck, but I had not tried Bing so I will look through all that are there and see if I can find what I am after.
    Thanks for making me smile and providing other avenues for me to search.
    Steven

StevenM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    The Edge/Axis trigger is the simplest of triggers, and should be self evident. The only thing you could get mixed up is the pins. The long pin goes through the sear, the shorter pin holds the trigger to the action. If you discover an extra spring, it goes between the trigger bracket and receiver.
    Hit the nail on the head there sharpshooter. The pins were easy to sort out I just cannot see where that last spring goes! Had it apart and back together a dozen times so far. Just a bit thick I guess

Steven
    Last edited by StevenM; 12-02-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: removed the cuss word

StevenM
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenM View Post
    Hit the nail on the head there sharpshooter. The pins were easy to sort out I just cannot see where that last spring goes! Had it apart and back together a dozen times so far. Just a bit thick I guess

Steven
    I take it back, 13th times a charm, feeling less stupid already!
    Thanks for your patience.

Steven

Mach2
    Have you measured the trigger pull since you polished the parts?

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/r...ew-savage-axis

The link maybe helpful. I have just posted that up on a Aus forum I am on. Tiny little spring goes between trigger ass and action. Long spring goes between sear and trigger frame and the trigger spring itself is self explained.

Patrolit