I'm new to this forum, but there is alot of great information on here, Thanks to all.
I purchased a new Model 93F 22 magnum not to long ago, I did a fair amount of research on this site, and talking with other people before I bought the Savage. I already knew about the mag feed isuues some users experience, but I was hoping by now those mag issues would have been addressed, but I was wrong, I had the same issues as others have with feed issues. But thanks to people on here, I was able remedy it, at least most of the way. (I can load up to 5 in the mag , and insert with bolt open and all is good, if the mag has 4 or 5, and you insert it with bolt closed, it will push the nose of the bullet down so it won't feed into the barrel at the right angle.... or load 3 in the mag, and it will work perfectly with bolt open or closed). I actually called Savage, and they are sending a new mag in the mail...fingers crossed that one is better.
But that is not what I am writing about. When I first got the gun, and sighted it in with the iron sights, I started at about 50 yards. It was about 2-3 inches to the left. No big deal I just tapped the rear sight to the right, until it was good. It was also shooting really high, even with the adjuster ramp in the lowest notch. So I completely removed the ramp, which I figure is acceptable, being that I'm at 50 yards. Even with the ramp removed, I'm shooting about 2 inches high, for my liking.
I realize I'm only at 50 yards, and a 22WMR is flat way past that, but I would like to see the front sight a little closer to the center of the target, if you know what I mean.
My question is this. Has anyone tried to bend the rear sight down a bit more for that extra adjustability? I figured I would ask before I tried...just in case someone, said" "Yeah I tried that and it broke" It doesn't need much to make it feel right for me. I eventually plan on getting a scope, but until then, I would like to adjust it just a bit. At distance I can always add the ramp, but unless you have bionic eyes, 50 yards for small targets like small varmits is about as far as my eys can handle! I have heard of people making the groove in the rear sight a bit deeper, but that will mess up the finish, so thsi seems like a good idea....as long as the metal isn't too hard, so it won't take a bend.
Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks