Thread: Barking dogs.

Basic Member

Barking dogs.

Why do people think that just because they have a dog, the whole neighborhood wants to hear it bark all day ?

Shoot the darn thing!

Well maybe that's a little extreme.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Might want to look out the window and see what it's barking at. Could be the boogyman.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

stangfish
    I have a yard that borders 4 other homes with a combined number of 9 dogs. 4 of them are non stop. Makes sitting in the back yard very stressful.

Basic Member
    My neighbor, who has two yappers, left for the weekend and asked the next door neighbor to watch them. Well they just kept barking and I had enough so I grabbed a bamboo stick (that is split a bunch at the end and I use it to keep my dogs in line) and ran over to the fence slapping myself in the leg as I run up to them. Well they went yipping around the house and I was right behind them. They ran through the dog door and I went home. They never came out for the rest of the day or all night. So about 11:00 am the next day I hadn't seen nor heard of ether one an I started to worry that I gave them a heart attack. So I called the neighbor who was watching them and kind of suggested to her she should check on them. She went over and checked and not knowing what I had done called me and said "Oh they're just fine". End of story.

My lab is normally quiet, but a couple of weeks ago she kept barking for a good 15 minutes straight. I went out angry to investigate as then I saw what had her attention. A deer had wandered on into town and was feeding in the empty lot behind my shop. Apparently dogs barking doesn't bother that deer, so I watched her for a bit and then spooked her off.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM