Thread: Muddy Girl stock

Toyoda

Muddy Girl stock

My wife saw the muddy girl axis stock, and now wants a new hunting rifle. It only comes on the axis in a youth model, with limited calibers. I'm afraid the youth model is a little too small for her (and I like the trophy series better).

-Will savage sell just the stock?
    -Will an axis stock fit a 11/111? (I don't think it will, but the sales guy told her it was a $50 swap)
    -Camo diping, I found a place online that will do it for $85, does it last and look good? Can you dip a hogue stock?

If I can get a stock in that camo for a 11/111, I can get her a trophy hunter (I rather have that over an axis)

My daughter likes the axis too. But, she likes this stuff more. I will try it eventually.
    http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/moss...k-up-pink.html

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    My wife saw the muddy girl axis stock, and now wants a new hunting rifle. It only comes on the axis in a youth model, with limited calibers. I'm afraid the youth model is a little too small for her (and I like the trophy series better).

-Will savage sell just the stock?
    -Will an axis stock fit a 11/111? (I don't think it will, but the sales guy told her it was a $50 swap)
    -Camo diping, I found a place online that will do it for $85, does it last and look good? Can you dip a hogue stock?

If I can get a stock in that camo for a 11/111, I can get her a trophy hunter (I rather have that over an axis)

1.. Yes, Savage would sell you just the stock, but I'm betting it will cost you more than the $50 your dealer quoted you.
    2. No, the action screw spacing of the Axis is different than both the Model 11 and 111 (which themselves are different from one another with one being a L/A and the other being a S/A)
    3. Durability and looks are dependent on the person doing the dipping and the quality of their prep work on the parts being dipped. The process itself is pretty much fool proof, the only real skill involved is in placing the seam in a location that helps to hide it (i.e. on the spine of the stock).
    4. Not sure about dipping a Hogue stock as they have a rather rubbery compressible surface texture and even if the film were to bond to it, the first time you squeezed the stock and compressed the underlying material it would crack and begin to peel.

Also, a standard 11/111 stock won't fit a Trophy Hunter as the Trophy Hunter models use the Axis detachable magazine with the retention clip integral to the plastic bottom plate.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    Also, a standard 11/111 stock won't fit a Trophy Hunter as the Trophy Hunter models use the Axis detachable magazine with the retention clip integral to the plastic bottom plate.
    Is this statement true if you purchase the mag parts as well. I realize it does not make economical sense but is there some other reason for it not fitting?

If one were to spend another $100 to get the proper bottom metal then yes - you could use a standard 11/111 stock on a Trophy Hunter. However, this kind of defeats the whole purpose of why most people buy the Trophy Hunter in the first place - because they're the cheapest DBM models Savage offers. What's the point buying the cheaper gun (with cheaper parts) to save money only to spend even more money than they saved upgrading it to use the same higher quality parts they didn't want to pay for in the first place?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    If one were to spend another $100 to get the proper bottom metal then yes - you could use a standard 11/111 stock on a Trophy Hunter. However, this kind of defeats the whole purpose of why most people buy the Trophy Hunter in the first place - because they're the cheapest DBM models Savage offers. What's the point buying the cheaper gun (with cheaper parts) to save money only to spend even more money than they saved upgrading it to use the same higher quality parts they didn't want to pay for in the first place?
    That is why I didn't buy a trophy hunter for my recent and future builds.

I bought predator max ones, I'll have the bottom metal and mag configuration I want and the accustock block to rob for the tacticool stock. If I bought a trophy hunter I would go cdi bottom metal and AI mags instead.